1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I interviewed at Chesapeake last week...

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by proud gonzo, May 15, 2012.

1. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2. oumartin

oumartin New Member

More loans for Chesapeake, cash flow and assets no where near enough to get them outta debt. You can't give away natural gas right now and NGL isn't worth much more. They wanna transition into the NGL side of it which will help but right now the market is hurting. Like how they are waiting to transition to oil drilling as oil prices fall.

3. Skysooner

Skysooner Well-Known Member

Actually NGL is quite good right now. It is only the ethane part of it that is a problem and only in certain sections of the country.

4. oumartin

oumartin New Member

okay yes my bad. liquids are doing well but I know of many plants about to bypass or go into rejection due to the ethane.

5. Skysooner

Skysooner Well-Known Member

Very true. We model our economics right now with ethane rejection.

6. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

And just when I thought marty was done being a ball-sweat licking insecure little insulting prick. I bet your friends would love you marty - if you had any.

Oh, and I hope you get the gig Jess.

7. Okla-homey

Okla-homey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

8. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This whole deal with the Chesapeake board sounds like crony rewarding. Its Aubrey's baby, so he should be given some room, but this got out of hand for a publicly traded company. Many times I thought of buying stock, but there was always something in the news about Aubrey blowing money on this or that, so I stayed out.

Its probably a great place to work, and it has definitely been a pacesetter, but I think shareholders have been abused badly. That's the board's responsibility. As a Republican, it embarrasses me some, too, with all the prominent Republicans involved. Of course, one is real Aggie.

9. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

10. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

CNG??? The future likely is with LNG, Gas to Liquids technology and condensate upgrading...

CNG needs a larger distribution system before it takes off. It will likely compete with electricity as far as distribution...

BTW, good luck on the job, though CHK has a way to get its financial house in order, it is no Enron. If it goes real badly, it may be purchased by a major, but that can be a good thing...

11. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That's an interesting point. Any money gurus out there think this could happen? Would hopefully give shareholders and good boost.

Don't know anything about takeovers, but there are a lot of huge oil companies with tons of cash that might like what Chesapeake has got. I guess I just assumed CHK was too big to be bought up.

12. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Or too many future liabilities...