1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Avengers

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Frozen Sooner, May 4, 2012.

1. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

Wondering the same...

But for next Avengers (surely there will be one) I was thinking a lil' New Avengers twist... 'lil assist maybe from Spidey? Wolverine? Storm?

2. BBQ Man

BBQ Man Just Happy to be Here

This movie looks great! I can't wait to revert back to a little kid once I cross the doors at the theater (even though it would have been curtains instead of doors back then) and have a blast with this movie!!!

3. RacerX

RacerX SoonerFans.com Elite Member

4. Penguin

Penguin SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Why haven't they made a sequel to Ri¢hie Ri¢h?

5. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I purposely stayed away from any talk about this movie...so not to have any expectations.

The Avengers was my favorite comic as a kid (even followed Iron Man to the West Coast Avengers). Couldn't wait to take the kids to see it.

Un-freakin'-believable! By far the best super-hero movie I have seen. I've seen all the movies that led up to this one (almost skipped Thor, glad I didn't though...not that you have to see it to follow this one, but it certainly helped).

The little old lady that takes the tickets at my theater told me to "wait until the credits, there's a little something extra..." Glad I did.

[spoil]I always thought that "The Other" was the leader of the Chitauri...but I heard a lot of folks calling him Thanos. I haven't read comics in a long time, but I always thought that Thanos and "The Other" were two separate villains? Are they the same, or did Marvel just kinda blend the two for the purpose of the movie?[/spoil]

6. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

[spoil] The Other was the one reporting to Thanos. [/spoil]

7. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is the redacting really necessary? If you haven't seen the movie, don't read the thread.

8. 8timechamps

Gotcha. Makes more sense now. Thanks!

9. 8timechamps

Not necessary, just a courtesy...in case someone that hasn't seen it reads something that could ruin it.

10. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

OK...so I just figured out I can read it if I highlight it. Now do you understand why I thought you were all effin' crazy?

Wishboned likes this.
  11. 8timechamps

Yeah, that would clear it up. Welcome to the club :D

12. Penguin

Just saw the movie. I'm still picking up the pieces of what used to be my brain.

Just one question. I never read the comics, so maybe you folks may know. Why exactly did Loki decide to attack Earth? [spoil]Just because he's a bad guy? If all he wanted was the glowing blue box of death, he got that in the first 5 minutes.[/spoil]

13. 8timechamps

Not from the comics, but my interpretation is that it had more to do with hurting Thor than anything.

14. Penguin

I just re-watched the Captain America movie. This may be a no-duh for the comic book fans, but [spoil]I don't the Red Skull is dead. The Avengers clearly showed that the Tesseract is a doorway. When I first saw the Captain America movie, I just assumed he was dead. Now, I think he was beamed away and that we will probably see him again in a later movie.[/spoil]

15. I Am Right

I Am Right New Member

When there was a flying invisable air craft carrier, I was done!

16. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So a dude that turns into a giant green monster or the hammer wielding God didn't clue you in on the theme of the movie?

8timechamps likes this.
  17. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah, not to be a downer or anything,.....Buuuut I thought it was pretty corny. There were some funny parts, special effects were off the charts, and scarlet J was lookin preety fine but all in all i give it a big two thumbs MEH. I know its meant to be a "fun" kinda flick and it was. I wasn't expecting Citizen Kane but its a renter as long as you are not a comic book fanboy like the tards that gave the movie a standing O at our showing.

18. 8timechamps

HAHAHAHA!

I've never understood why anyone claps at the end of a movie. I always though the reason for applause was to let the performer know that you appreciated his/her/their performance. Why in the hell are you clapping at an inanimate movie screen?!

19. 8timechamps

What?! So you were expecting a documentary super hero movie?

20. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

this image is too big, but i'm posting it anyway :D

[​IMG]

Blue and 8timechamps like this.