1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to Move On...

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by C&CDean, May 17, 2012.

1. Whet

Whet Well-Known Member

The game at Iowa State is this year. We "camp" at VetMed.

2. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thank you Dean for the tailgates. Went one time and brought a few old fraternity NM straglers with me. I was nothing but welcomed.

You are high class (In person of course) and again thank you for your work all these years. You deserve the break. Maybe somebody else will take up the mantle.

3. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

One of my favorite tailgate memories was the Tech game a few years ago. I hadn't planned on going in, but Doleo got tickets from somebody. I remember drinking Crown with Doleo and Dean on our walk to the stadium, freezing my *** off, and not giving a crap because the game was AWESOME.

I'll be sad to see the tailgates go, but I'm glad that we had them for so many years. Dean and Lisa (and everyone else who tirelessly helped and sponsored), thank you.

4. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

The Wa****a arm is for pussies.

Edit: Heh at Wash ita.

5. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah!

I go right past that bio station sign every time we head to the lake. I bet you do all your shopping at that awesome "gas"station on fobb bottom road

Fraggle145 likes this.
  6. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

Well I used to, I'm not down there much anymore. Or over at Sherwood shores.

7. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Man, this makes me sad that we weren't able to attend any these last few seasons, but that's what happens when you start shootin' out chillens.
    Thanks all for the wonderful times. And the Dean clan for the sweet setup.

8. Norm In Norman

Norm In Norman Adminstrator of PAIN

Dean & Lisa, we'uns want to thank you'uns for the tailgates. While I am going to miss them terribly, I can totally understand why you guys are giving it up. In fact, they (and we) are such pain in the asses, I don't know how you've kept it up for so long (that's what she said). I feel a bit like when old yellar died.

Cool stuff that happened (I've forgotten a lot) - Dean's motorcycle, rummelon with SoonerWill by the huff and puff, battle royal VS 04, beer, jkm actually showing up to one, waving at the team when they went by in the bus when the tailgate was in the yard, bri's guinness-cicles, upside down horn in the potty, OldSooner taking that damn picture of me with my head shaved when it 107 degrees, beer, meeting up at Colorado Springs, breakfast tailgates (omelettes!), Rock the Fock sign/t-shirts, Fat Tires with FaninAma, bumping shoulders with Walt every single game, jess pulling names for prizes I would never win, doleo drinking olevet juice and not being able to uncross his eyes, beer, 5 or 6 of us drinking doleo's beer when he stepped away for about 2 minutes, ABTs, Pic & Mrs Pic showing up before shootin' out chillens, beer, Crabtree pulling that pass out of the air and tiptoeing into the end zone, DG4, crack brownies, beer, and the chili tailgates with NUCLEAR CHILI OH DEAR GOD WHAT AM GOING TO DO WITHOUT YOU?!?!?!

Thanks for the memories.

9. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

There are so many that I never got to meet. Some of those I did, I done forgot , Dayum Booze

10. Okla-homey

Okla-homey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Halliburton can now expand onto our old spot. Those a-holes will be happy.

11. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

so they have any security at these Halliburton tailgates?

12. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Even though I only made a couple of cameos after the move north of Boyd I'm still sad to hear the news. The first one I attended was in 1999 and there were about 20 people there. The move across the street was a sweet spot. Always enjoyed it when the team buses would go by with everyone stopping to watch. Also have great memories of the first Soonerfan tailgate road trip to the Air Force game. Hard to believe that has almost been 11 years ago. I always think about talking to Dean at the tailgate about how he was leaving from Colorado Springs to go elk hunting and ended up not knowing about 9/11 until several days after it happened. I just want to thank Dean and Mrs Dean for a lot of great times. Hope to see you at some future Sooner sporting event.

13. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Yes, they're called "Blackwater."

14. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

Sooner Born Sooner Bred SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thanks for the memories~!

15. Howzit

Howzit Junice Groupie

I remember BSG opening a beer bottle with her teeth and spitting the cap in Doleo's face.

I **** you not.

16. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I never spent a whole day at the SFs tailgates because myself and my friends have our own and I didnt want to be mooching off of the SFs tailgate when I had my own stuff. That being said, I hung out there a lot both pre and post game. I met a lot of people on this board and became friends with many of them thru tailgates like Stoop, Step, BTK, VET, Dean, etc... good good people, its funny how my first two years on the board I thought Vet and Dean were big A-holes and then I met them and found out they in fact ARE big A-Holes but then I really got to know them a little (Vet better than Dean) and found out they are both big softies. Even though it wasnt my Saturday home, it was fun. I hope people who spent their saturdays there and ate the food and drank the booze can really appreciate what was done for them

17. Chuck Bao

Chuck Bao SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm also sorry that this great tradition is ending.

Many thanks to Dean and his wife for being such incredible hosts and for all their work they did prior to and after hosting the tailgates. Yeah, I know that I should have helped out more.

I only joined a few tailgates over the last couple of years and will always cherish the time I got to spend with some exceptionally fine folks. I'm particularly close with Olevet and StoopTroup, two good friends that I met on this board and was fortunate enough to meet in person for the first time at one of Dean's tailgates. At the last tailgate, I had the privilege of talking with AlbqSooner. I had appreciated the guy for his wit and wisdom on this board and now miss him a lot.

Oh Dean, whenever you visiting your new Lake Texoma lot, let me know. You and your wife are always invited to one of my family's BBQs. If you suddenly get an itching to drive a tractor, we have that too.

18. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

dont worry about that itching that Dean has

19. btk108

btk108 New Member

Thank you Dean and Lisa, you made the home games legendary.

20. soonerbrat

soonerbrat Not Exactly Right

nope. you have to sign in, but just put that you work at chesapeake.