1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justice Department to sue Sheriff Joe

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by okie52, May 10, 2012.

1. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

Doesn't each bad axle required two bad "wheels"?

2. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I gotta admit he did seem to get to liking the attention too much. At least he meant well at one time, though.

3. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

for all you Joe bashers.....GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

4. SouthCarolinaSooner

SouthCarolinaSooner New Member

Federalism is a two way street, though I agree its usually a one way street going the Feds way, they got one right here. Arapio's been going after legal Hispanic-Americans committing no crime, just as hard as he's been pursuing criminal illegals. Racism, plain and simple.

diverdog likes this.
  5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Well that splains everything

6. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Have you already convicted Zimmerman, too?

7. olevetonahill

The longer that boy stays in skool the dumber he gets

8. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

Relevance?

9. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sustained...

10. SouthCarolinaSooner

Surely you misunderstood my post...

Besides rampant racial profiling (which I know most of y'all will never go for), do you find it the least bit suspicious that almost any public official who gets in a disagreement with Arapio ends up being charged with something? Here's a little list:

Phil Gordon, Phoenix Mayor
    Dan Saban, Arpaio's 2004 and 2008 opponent for the office of Sheriff of Maricopa County
    Terry Goddard, Arizona Attorney General
    David Smith, Maricopa County Manager
    The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors
    Barbara Mundell, Maricopa Superior Court Presiding Judge
    Anna Baca, former Maricopa Superior Court Presiding Judge
    Gary Donahoe, Maricopa Superior Court Criminal Presiding Judge
    Daniel Pochoda, ACLU attorney
    Sandra Dowling, former Maricopa County School Superintendent
    Mike Lacy, Editor, Phoenix New Times

Of those listed, only Dowling was convicted of any crime. A class-2 misdemeanor of patronage, for giving her daughter a summer job in the school district. That charge, was nowhere in the original 25-count felony indictment. The sheriff is clearly out of control, and needs his power checked. Arapio sent in the SWAT team to Dowling's house, which in itself is hardly necessary when her charges related to stealing money from the school, not ****ing gun running.

I love how you just sit there like an ignorant piece of ****, and call others idiots without offering any real sort of facts or evidence. You got anything substantive or are we done here?

Last edited: May 11, 2012
    diverdog and Midtowner like this.
  11. okie52

Have either party been convicted of the crime?

12. okie52

The rush to judgement.

13. okie52

I object.

14. Penguin

Penguin SoonerFans.com Elite Member

15. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah, this isnt politically motivated or anything.

Obama's socialites are hard at it. Making sure the latinos stay in his pocket.

If he really cared, why not do this a lot sooner?

But since now you are officially campaigning to keep your job, you do it now?

God, I hope this negro gets voted out of office!

16. okie52

Actually I am all for profiling. It seems pretty stupid to me when 9 out of 10 illegals are latino to not target latinos for an identity check. Legally you can't do it so you need to be a little more discreet in how its done. Perhaps Joe needs to further refine his process. Racist...absolutely not. Just a fact of life in the US concerning illegal immigrants. Put 12,000,000 illegal Canadians here and you will see almost the same reaction. I say almost because the Canadians would be able to speak English...well they sorta can.

heh. Now it would seem Joe's opponents (if that's what your list contains) are getting some rather tough scrutiny. Probably an abuse of power I would agree. Maybe some counseling would be in order. Sure hate to pull a guy away from his work that is doing such a bang up job.

17. olevetonahill

Wait is this Like a Personal attack er sompun? Surely you wouldnt resort to such a Low thing since you feel you need to report EVERY one who ever says one little thing about YOU.
    Go away Boy yer ignorant and ya bother me

18. SouthCarolinaSooner

Im-****ing-pressive

So you're all for doing somethign illegal, to keep out illegals? How would you feel about being profiled if you were say, one of the millions of legal Americans of Latin American decent? There's about 50,000,000 of them, so chances are the average Juan isn't an illegal. Kinda makes profiling a little useless, don't you say?

And no, I'm not convicting him. But those who enforce our laws and are given positions of great power need to be held to very high, very high standards. He was given a position power and has clearly abused it.

Nope? Didn't think so

diverdog and Midtowner like this.
  19. olevetonahill

[​IMG]

20. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

Law enforcement filing false indictments in order to intimidate and harass political opponents? How can you possibly defend that? The profiling thing, I agree, that makes a lot of sense. I'm kind of fine with it. That doesn't excuse the rest of his behavior.

Arpaio is a ****bag and he's going down.