1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Walking Dead Season 2 Debriefing Thread

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by soonerhubs, Oct 18, 2011.

1. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Yeah, kiddo needs some sense smacked into him....The left behind gun is exactly what I thought of too when they show the preview from next week that Randall's escaped. Will be interesting to see if he really did escape or if someone cut him loose. Wonder how the group dynamic changes with no more Dale around to play the morality card. Pretty gruesome way to go out. Great episode!

2. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I wasn't expecting the death of Dale at all.

It's funny how the directors can (and have) paint certain characters in such a light that you dislike/like them. For instance, I wanted to smack Carl for most of last night's episode. But, if you think about it, he is growing up in a pretty unstable world.

The one character I really like, but seems to be kind of a mystery is Daryl. He seems to have figured out the best way to survive in the post-apocalyptic world. He's a member of the group, but just barely. Otherwise, he's pretty self sufficient.

The is no doubt the gun (that Carl took from Daryl) is going to come back into play. Also, what the hell are they going to do with Randall now? Looks like (according to the previews) that he escapes his imprisonment, so that may be a whole new can of worms.

3. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Randall is screwed. There is nothing he can do that doesn't look bad to the farm folks. After the barn incident, why should he even try to be good prisoner? I think in his mind, he has two choices, "wait to die," and "GTFO at any cost." Of course, the second choice makes him look like a massive threat.

Daryl was coming out of his shell for the first time in his life working with the group and looking for Sophia. When that ended badly, he fled back to his comfort zone and is shutting everyone out.

4. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

I would have completely lost it if we'd had zombie cow. "Eet Mor Karl."

5. I Am Right

I Am Right New Member

What the? We have friends over for wine at 7:00, we tune in to walking dead and Shane is a Zombie?

6. 8timechamps

Crazy.

If you haven't seen the episode yet, I don't want to spoil it, but I'm still confused as to why Carl was there.

If the director is wanting me to be pissed off at him (Carl), it's working.

7. Oldnslo

Oldnslo Radioman

He's just a little boy!

8. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Apparently everyone was so busy in the house that not one person noticed him walking outside in the dark.

9. Pricetag

Another very interesting episode. I knew Shane's days were numbered, but I didn't expect to see it happen until next week. Lori's speech at the windmill, the equivalent of the "Stay Sweet" yearbook signature from the girl you've been crushing on all year, pushed him right over the edge.

I liked the way they handled the "walkers in the barn" plot better than they did in the comics. I can't say the same for Shane's death.

[spoil]In the comics, Carl finds Shane with Rick in his sights, and Carl shoots Shane without a word, before we even see him in the frame. It was instrumental in making Carl a man-child type character, one who can survive in this world.[/spoil]

Back to the show--Carl had his gun on his dad before Shane was up and moving again. I didn't know what he was going to do there for a second.

We have confirmation that you don't have to be infected by a walker to become one after death. I would have preferred that it come from Shane himself, rather than a minor character like Randall. There were hints going all the way back to the camper who had hung himself, but confirmation from Shane would have been the most dramatic.

Is it just me, or does Maggie get hotter every time she appears on screen? I think I understand what Glenn is trying to do by respecting Hershel, but he's still crazy for it.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  10. soonerhubs

soonerhubs SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So did anyone else notice [spoil]the large herd of walkers heading towards Carl and Rick right before it went black?[/spoil]

11. Pricetag

Yeah, that was a cool effect. It made you wonder if you were seeing it or not. They kinda blended with the trees.

12. soonerhubs

It really painted an amazing scene. The film crew deserved extra kudos on this episode.

13. achiro

They talked about that on the talking dead show. Said the fog was all mother nature.

14. soonerhubs

I wish I could watch those. We watch walking dead via Amazon.

15. 8timechamps

You can catch them on the AMC Walking Dead website. Sometimes, it's really good.

Here's the LINK

16. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

Looks like the season finale is gonna have a Night of the Living Dead flavor to it; a band of humans in a farmhouse being assaulted by the undead. (btw, NOTLD from 1990 is way under-rated imo) I wonder if Romero watches the show?

You know some characters are gonna die. I wonder who? I wish Andrea, but figure that's not gonna happen. I bet Jimmy and Beth are not long for this world. Otis' wife, can't recall her name. No more principal characters though. What about Hershel?

17. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Yeah great episode....Really wasn't sure for a moment there if Carl was gonna shoot Rick or not. Wonder if they address at all the fact that you don't have to be bitten to become a Walker or if they'll put it off til next season. Will be interesting to see what other characters are lost in the finale. Whatever happens, I'm sure this will be the setup for all the survivors to leave the farm and get back on the road again looking for a new place.

18. achiro

Do the comics address the turning without getting bitten aspect?

19. soonerhubs

Thank you! I love all the chat about this show!

From what I've read it doesn't explain any reason why it occurs, but there are those who die without bites who come back there as well.

20. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Except this band of humans have guns, implements (blunt, sharp and pointy) and a lot of experience dealing with walkers . . .