1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Example of changes Mike will bring (from a former player)

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by 8timechamps, Jan 31, 2012.

1. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

2. OkieThunderLion

OkieThunderLion New Member

Pot meet kettle?

LOL!

3. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I wouldn't assume nobody knows what goes on in the locker room. There are a lot of people in and out of the Sooner locker room during practices/games.

I don't think anyone is calling TL a "cancer" in the locker room. Let me ask you this, if you're the head coach, and your starting LB, team captain and proven performer starts to develop a little bit of an attitude (for lack of a better word), do you just kick him off of the team? Of course not. My take on the whole thing is that I think TL shouldn't have called guys out in the media. I'm sure he felt some negative blowback from it. As far as a player, I loved having TL's passion on the field. But, I'm not saying he's irreplaceable either.

4. TMcGee86

TMcGee86 Well-Known Member

Yeah I wasn't trying to say TL was a cancer. If anything I'm saying the opposite, he was a leader and I think the guys looked up to him and liked him. But I just think his style lead to an overall let down on the field. He was more vocal than his production. That can transcend and create an atmosphere where expectations are lowered. Not saying that happened, but I just didn't like the overall feel to this team the past few years. I like TL, I actually liked his fiery attitude, but he just didn't back it up enough. He wasn't the reason we lost the games we did, but overall I'm just not all the upset to see him go. Give me a Rocky any day of the week over a TL.

5. thecrimsoncrusader

thecrimsoncrusader New Member

TLEW couldn't back it up so much this year because of the injury. The negative impact to his speed was no better advertised than it was in the Oklahoma/ATM game where ATM scored on that long TD run. That does NOT happen with a healthy TLEW. So he probably shouldn't have talked given the circumstances.