1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justin McCay

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Always_Sooner, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Always_Sooner

Always_Sooner New Member

Anyone know what happened to Justin McCay? I know OU tends to have a few players highly rated, and never get much playing time, but he was coming on last spring and was not a factor this season. Do you think they move him to defensive back?

2. Rocko

Rocko New Member

Not sure of his playing time situation, but I saw him playing basketball at the huff a few days ago and DB is completely out of the question. I know his speed wasn't one of his defining features coming out of HS, but the guy is huge! Almost like a 6'3" TE. If he does get on the field he would be a little different from any of the guys we have right now (speedsters, stretching the field). I'd see him more as a possession receiver, who would be very hard for CBs to take down 1v1

3. northspeter

northspeter New Member

he was a number 1 rated outside linebacker coming out of high school... can't remember if that was scout or rivals...

4. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No speed? He looked like he could move on film.

5. Soonermagik

Soonermagik New Member

Heck, he can't be worse than Dejuan Butterfingers Miller.

6. Who are the speedsters we currently have at WR?

7. yankee

yankee New Member

I feel like this question is a trap...However, not sure why you think Stills and/or Franks are not speedsters.

8. rainiersooner

rainiersooner New Member

Man - I wanted to be a fan of his so badly!! Great story, great guy...catch the friggin' ball dude!!!

9. I've never seen Franks bust a big run or Stills catch the ball short and take it the distance..I could be wrong about Franks though.

10. Soonerfan88

Soonerfan88 Well-Known Member

I think McCay will be at LB next year. No sources, just a hunch.

11. SoonerDood

SoonerDood New Member

Norvell has problems developing Receivers not named Gresham or Broyles.

12. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Franks has the same gene that Kejuan Jones had, and that Brennan Clay has. It compels them to fall down as soon as someone touches them.

13. allanace16

allanace16 New Member

For what it's worth, Mossman tweeted the other day that Franks was the only receiver to have 2+ runs of 40 yards in a career in OU history. Not paydirt, but not insignificant.

14. Rocko

Rocko New Member

It's evident Franks and Stills struggle with the ball in the open field, but they both have speed to burn without a doubt. I say speedster mainly in relation to the type of player I would picture McCay being. That is, a possession wide receiver without the straight line speed of our other guys. He was clocked at 4.5 coming out of HS and usually those numbers are generous.

From the eyeball test anyways, the guy looks solid.

15. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

FIFY

16. Seamus

Seamus New Member

Ordinarily, I don't care for slamming the players, but this ... this ... this was gold.

17. Oh yeah, I forgot about the 2 reverses against Iowa State..Thanks!

18. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

There ya go... And I agree.

19. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Franks was a track stud in high school, and in Texas were being a track stud does mean something. I don't think of any of the other OU receivers as being speedsters, though there's good speed at the position.

20. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We typically bust on those big guys. That's why I'm not sold on Metoyer... And if we get DGB I won't be sold on him either. ;)