1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am finished with the Sports Animal

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SoonerNate, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoonerNate

SoonerNate New Member

Why do they continuously treat the callers like garbage? They are such arrogant pricks. I love Stoops but you cannot criticize him or they treat the callers like pure garbage. I listen to hear their points and Al and Jim think that their opinion isn't as important as theirs. Quit pampering Stoops for God's sakes. The press up there pampers him in the pressers and on the post game shows.

Any other outlets to hear post game coverage online?

2. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Coaches get paid to win. If they lose, then they should have to hear the blowback. Especially at schools where winning is an expectation.

3. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

If they don't suck up to the coaches, they don't get access. Local media are easily subdued by universities. It's worse down in Austin. Eschback is a mouth piece for the coaches. Only James Hale is worse than Al.

4. SoonerNate

SoonerNate New Member

I completely agree. But for them to act as if every fan that calls in is drunk or a weirdo isn't fair to the fans. Just because someone wants to criticize a coach (that is paid millions btw) they go off on them.

Heaven forbid Al or Jim ever criticize one of their golfing buddies afterall.

5. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

There is a caller making good points right now, and they are tearing him to shreds.

6. SoonerNate

SoonerNate New Member

I like Al and Jim I just wish they'd quit being so over protective of Bob. No one wants Bob fired, but that doesn't mean that he should be free from criticism. Just my $0.02.

7. Always_Sooner

Always_Sooner New Member

They used to be open to other points of view, but now it's just too subjective...

8. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

Al would rather bash 18-22 kids, then allow someone to call for Brent's job. He's just killing the kickers. He's obsessed with the kickers.
    He's a jerk. Just a terrible human being to be around.

9. Tulsa_Fireman

Tulsa_Fireman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You're just mad that he's such a handsome person with the voice of a Shakespeareian actor.

AlboSooner likes this.
  10. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. +rep

11. SoonerNate

SoonerNate New Member

He says, "Does anyone ever blame the players instead of the coaches?" Yet he rips on Howard Schnellenberger all the time. Which is it Al? Is it only the coach's fault when it's one that you don't like?

I hear Bob just got a raise BTW.

12. PhiDeltBeers

PhiDeltBeers Finding the apex

I agree. I was listening as well, and it's ok for them to bash hunnicut, but when callers call in to give their opinions about coaches not having good gameplans, they torch them. Last time I checked, the coaches were the ones getting paid. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but the way Al and Jim treat the callers is horrible. Now, on the other hand, some of the callers are pretty dumb.

SoonerNate likes this.
  13. SoonerNate

SoonerNate New Member

This is 100% spot on. Well said Phi.

14. btb916

btb916 New Member

Listen to 1400 AM. Much, much, MUCH better.

I don't know why they even allow callers on the Sports Animal. They should just talk and analyze the game, then be done with it.

15. SoonerNate

SoonerNate New Member

Like I said I quit listening to those jackasses on the Animal. Did anyone hear them this time? I'm just curious as to whether they were sucking up for Venables and ripping the callers as usual or did they actually blame the coaches for once?

16. I Am Right

I Am Right New Member

I called them during the OU pre game and asked why were we still listening to the osu post game?

17. SoonerNate

SoonerNate New Member

18. Speck

Speck Member

If they had a decent signal that would be an option. The problem with OKC is TSA is the only FM sports station. Until that changes we all have to suffer.

By the way, I will take Traber over Mark Rodgers anyday. At least Traber has sports experience. Rodgers is just a know it all want to be.

19. SoonerNate

SoonerNate New Member

Is 1400 available over the internet say I Heart Radio?

20. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

There's almost nothing to be gained from listening to sports talk radio, especially crappy sports talk radio like the Animal (and let's face it, most sports radio sucks). I don't know why people continue to subject themselves to that garbage. Must be masochism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.