1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Pledge To Boycott Any Rematch In The BCS Title Game

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by FaninAma, Nov 18, 2011.

1. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If the BCS supporters have even the smallest shred of credibility then they cannot support a rematch game for the title and continue to claim with the BCS that the whole regular season is a playoff.

Really? So you if we see a rematch was the regular season really a playoff? And if the title game results in an LSU-Alabama rematch you are okay with a team that didn't even win it's conference division being in the title game?

No credibility.

No

Credibility.

Zero.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  2. OUInformant

OUInformant New Member

But wait, the games between LSU and Oregon / Alabama were just scrimmages. They didn't actually count according to ESPN.

3. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

If the 2nd best team in the country loses to the 1st best team in the country by only 3 in the regular season, why punish the #2 team just because they happen to be in the same conference division?

4. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Why punish the #1 team for beating the #2 team by making them play again? They will have gone 1-1 against them but won't have a national championship to show for it. The other team will.

5. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Whose to say they are number two? They beat Arkansas and Penn st. Their offense is horrible.

6. FaninAma

The regular season is a playoff. That's how a playoff works. You don't get a second crack at a team that beats you in a playoff.

BCS proponents would have more credibility if they just declared a champion at the end of the regular season.

The old Bowl tie-in system before the BCS meant more than the piece of crap we have now.

7. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Especially when we dont really get great bcs bowl games. Theres always a Boise and Houston in the mix. Big East and ACC champs that suck in the Orange Bowl. It should be the top 8 teams playing each other.

I'm with ya Fan. I wont watch a rematch. The BCS has to go.

8. FaninAma

Is there a " boycott the BCS" website or do we need to start one?

9. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

OCCUPY BCS STREET

btb916 and Blue like this.
  10. Zin

Zin New Member

I really have no interest in watching a LSU/Bama rematch unless I happen to be suffering from insomnia. Though we should really wait to see how the season plays out before crossing that bridge.

11. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

Hell, it can't be any worse than watching TGOWWDNS or the uSuc/* game.

12. LASooner

LASooner Active Member

But But But...it was the first game of the seeeeeeason. But But but it was the game of the centuuuuury.