1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well how about that

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by mdklatt, Nov 18, 2011.

1. mdklatt

mdklatt SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You know how every year there is much gleeful wailing and gnashing of teeth about the collapse of the BCS because there are going to be three or more undefeated teams at the end of the season? Yeah.

2. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Two or three teams are going to be pissed. And that's assuming LSU can go undefeated. We need some kind of chaos to ensue if we ever hope to have a playoff. I'm still betting that the upsets aren't over. And if they are, throw Houton and LSU in the title game...I'd watch it.

3. mdklatt

As soon as you lose you give up the right to bitch about where you end up. The entire season is a playoff.

Flagstaffsooner likes this.
  4. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Not really.

5. mdklatt

No, not really, but win out or shut up still applies.

6. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Really? So the top 2 teams being promoted for a rematch didn't already have their shot at LSU?

Is that your idea of a playoff? A team that beats another team during the playoffs has to face them again during the playoffs?

The only interesting thing about the BCS is watching the supporters of this crappy system every year engage in ever more creative spin to justify it.

7. OUInformant

OUInformant New Member

Except if you're Alabama/Oregon. Their games with LSU were just scrimmages so they didn't really count.

8. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Then if LSU is the only undefeated team at the end of the season(ie. Playoff) just declare them the champion. That would be more intellectually honest than spinning the rest of the crap you BCS supporters are going to have to spin.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  9. AlbqSooner

AlbqSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Double elimination playoff, kinda like the CWS.

10. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

It is what it is. I wish we hadn't lost but its all still just a game.

You win some.

You lose some.

You sometimes win a conference championship or a national championship unless your the Cowboys. Classic!

11. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This.

12. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

This.

13. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

If you are gonna just give them the trophy....then let Houston have a shot. No way SMU gets by them and I have my Doubts about Tulsa stopping them

14. Sooner_Tuf

Sooner_Tuf New Member

Maybe the FCS would be a better place for you. They have everything you are looking for.