1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The SEC is loaded with great defenses, but...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Fraggle145, Nov 16, 2011.

1. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

Horsefeathers!! I'd put them around 29-36!

2. PalmBeachSooner

PalmBeachSooner New Member

True, but this year is different, because there are no Tebow's or Newton's in the SEC. Like Huard said, if you replace the SEC QB's with Luck, Moore, Jones, Barkley, etc., the SEC wouldn't look quite as dominant defensively as they do this year.

Don't be surprised if Arkansas beats LSU. Seriously. If OU beats OSU then you could have an Arkie-OU matchup in the New Orleans.

3. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

Spetember 24, 2011: Alabama 38, Arkansas 14

Arkansas has the 13th ranked offense in the country, 1st in the SEC. But...they couldn't put a dent in Alabama's defense. They won't put a dent in LSU's defense in Baton Rouge either.

Someone wake up Brock Huard and his followers. Except when playing one another, the Alabama (24th) and LSU (17th) offenses have been fine.

Defensive rankings: Alabama #1, LSU #2...Arkansas #29.

I expect LSU will give Arkansas a beating of the type Alabama has already given them...in spite of Brock Huard forgetting about Alabama already shutting down Arkansas' offense.

4. Jmorales22

Jmorales22 New Member

People seem to have a hard time distinguishing the "SEC" from LSU/Alabama/Florida under Urban Meyer. Those three places are/were magnets for talent that in the 80s or 90s would have gone to Miami, Florida St, etc. They are carrying the flag for the entire conference, which, as whole, is otherwise full of a bunch of has-beens or nobodys.

Les Miles and Nick Saban are tapping into unlimited reserves of talented players to put on the field. Gene Chizick just caught lightning in a bottle one time and will probably be out of a job in 5 years.

5. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bought lightning in a bottle?

6. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I guess until someone knocks off the SEC elite in a championship, they deserve to continue talking about how great they are. Which makes me want vomit.

7. Herr Scholz

Herr Scholz SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Man you guys are putting the cart before the horse.