1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU - Arkansas in BCS Game?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by PalmBeachSooner, Nov 18, 2011.

1. PalmBeachSooner

PalmBeachSooner New Member

I was reading Brock Huard's editorial claiming the defenses in the SEC may be overrated due to the ****-poor offenses in the SEC and the weak out of conference schedules they played this year. If this is true then Arkansas might be the best team in the SEC despite their loss to Bama. I wouldn't be surprised if Arkansas beats LSU.

The two teams that LSU played with a better than average offense are Oregon and WVU. If not for critical turnovers in those two games the outcome might have been different. Arkansas just pounded hell out of what was supposedly a great South Carolina defense. I think they will be able to put up enough points to beat LSU. If they avoid turnovers and stupid penalties then they have a very good chance at the upset.

If that happened and OU wins out, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities for Arkie and OU to play in the BCS championship game. One team will have beaten the #1 team in the BCS and the other the #2 team int he BCS. It would be hard to justify putting Bama or Oregon ahead of either one of them.

It's a scenario that is quite possible but hasn't been mentioned that I know of.

2. htownsooner7

htownsooner7 New Member

It will be very interesting to see who plays for the SEC championship if Arky beats LSU. My guess is that after next Friday it would be Okie State 1 but then who knows what the hell you do with the next 4 or 5 teams. Can't put Oregon ahead of LSU because LSU beat Oregon, can't put LSU ahead of Arky because Arky beat LSU, can't put Arky ahead of Bama because Bama beat Arky, can't put Bama ahead of LSU because LSU beat Bama. I'm getting a headache.

3. cornstarch

cornstarch New Member

I stopped reading when you said they played a **** poor out of conference schedule. Who has OU played? LOL! FSU?

I think Oregon and WVU > FSU. Especially since they don't even need to prove anything by playing these teams. They already play a tough schedule within the conference.

and don't give me the line that the big 12 is better. Kansas State is a fraud, OU lost to Texas Tech, and OSU is a potential-loss to OU away from falling out of it themselves.

Be more knowledgable, boy.

Mad Dog Madsen likes this.
  4. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

You leave out that South Carolina was without their starting QB and RB...and, Arkansas didn't put that one away until midway through the 4th quarter.

Bama led Arkansas by 10 at half, and by 24 after the third. LSU will give Arkansas the same treatment.

5. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

Perhaps if you had any knowledge in the form of reading comprehension you'd realize that it wasn't the poster who said it.

6. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm surprised he could even read at all, being a fan of an SEC team.

7. NYC Poke

NYC Poke New Member

It's an example of the mighty SEC speed-reading.

8. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

I love this... :D

9. cornstarch

cornstarch New Member

Hello, friends...i'm pretty sure the OP agreed with him, he basically implied that he agreed Huard was correct.

But if you must trounce on that, how about the OP's point that "if not for turnovers those games could be different."

Does a great defense not force these turnovers? In both the Oregon and WVU game, the Honey Badger himself pried the ball out of the opponent's hands.

Furthermore, even referencing an article and implying that you agree that the SEC has a **** poor OOC schedule is ludicrous, for they could play a bunch of directional schools alone and still have a tougher schedule than the big 12.

10. htownsooner7

htownsooner7 New Member

Anyone ever told you that you are a miserable person and that you suck at life? I'll bet they have.

11. silverwheels

Sagarin has OU's schedule rated 6th, OSU's 5th, LSU's 18th, and Alabama's 20th. Arkansas's is 49th.

So yeah.

12. cornstarch

cornstarch New Member

Kansas State inflates that to an astronomical level. Kinda like fluff. No substance. Are you saying Bama, Arkansas, WVU, Oregon, Auburn, and then a possible SECCG is really worse than OU's schedule?

Child, please.

13. silverwheels

I posted an objective analysis that uses stats. You posted your own opinion. Also, Alabama has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record this year, with a FCS team coming up this weekend.

Moron, please.

14. Red

Red New Member

Nope the SEC is god. Only conference that needs to be played. Computers lie.

Oh and the honey badger smokes whatever he wants so clearly teh SEC is the best.

15. Red

Red New Member

Are you saying the WVU and Auburn are even good teams?

Child please.

16. SoonerLaw09

SoonerLaw09 New Member

That whole honey badger thing sounds like a 70s adult film actress. If I were him I'd find a new nickname.

17. silverwheels

Have that many people never seen the honey badger video?

18. Red

Red New Member

Honey badger hasn't seen the honey badger video because honey badger don't give a ****.

OT: I would enjoy a OU arky MNC. Might hurt our chances if arky beats LSU though, so don't know how possible it is.

19. cornstarch

cornstarch New Member

They're better than Iowa State or Ball State. But yes, LSU has played Western Kentucky and Northwestern...

I just think some of you are discrediting the SEC, so I trolled a bit.

20. silverwheels

The SEC should be discredited, because it receives too much credit. But until someone beats an SEC team for the BCS title, that will continue.