1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How sweet it is! Report fr Poke v. whorn game

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by UTgradOUfan, Oct 15, 2011.

1. UTgradOUfan

UTgradOUfan New Member

It was all I could have hoped for.
    The other team from Oklahoma beat the whorns in DKR for the second year in a row. And boy, are the pokes beatable.
    But the whorns are still a bad team with an absolute idiot talking-head for a coach. I had a blast. The pokes let the whorns hang around and hang around so most of the whorn fans stuck around as if hoping colt or vy was going to show up and pull it out. So they had to watch their sucky team for four quarters and get more and more pissed off that it is yet again October, they suck at home and mb is still on the sideline. MB was 13-0 after the OU game. Not anymore. MB was 70-0 when the whorns rushed for 200+ yards. Not any more. The whorns did everything they said they had to do (except they did lose in TO's), kept it reasonabley close in the fourth Q and lost. The pokes looked very average all game and they still covered the spread on the road.
    This was better than the pokes winning a blowout. As much as I love to see the whorns humiliated at DKR this was better.
    We will murder the pokes is stillwater. Their DB's are pretty OK but their D line is not special and their LB's are so slow they are, well,glacial.
    The whorns put pressure on Wheedon and covered their receivers most of the time.
    Our D?
    Well,our D is a Sooner D.
    I am going to quit worrying about the pokes.
    Book my room in N.O.

Partial Qualifier likes this.
  2. OUHOMER

OUHOMER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Very good point. This made me smile.

And yes I do not fear the pokes any longer

3. SoonerinSouthlake

SoonerinSouthlake Well-Known Member

whoa nelly....

Pokes could easily watch our game tonight and be saying they dont fear us anymore.

Stoolwater will be a scary place to play if all the chips are on the table to go to the BCS title game.

4. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We'll beat them baaaaaad, like one of their rented ewes!

5. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

While this statement is true, I think it really applies more to Pokey than it does to us. If both of us do make it to Stoolwater undefeated and playing for all the marbles, which team is more likely to **** down their own legs? Hint: they will be the ones wearing orange.

6. Serenity Now

Serenity Now Well-Known Member

The announcers hammered their crowd for not being involved except to gripe incorrectly about officiating. Classic.

7. OUHOMER

OUHOMER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

pokes can think what ever they want. OUr guys came in to this game unmotivated, they will be up for sheep humpers.

8. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Some reporter I read described the OU players as "uninterested".

9. OhU1

OhU1 New Member

Let's see, OSU covered in Austin and we didn't in Lawrence Kansas. Means nothing. Neither OU or OSU played well and both still won handily. It's utter folly to project anything about OU/OSU based on games leading up to bedlam. Did it matter in 2001 and 2002? Did it matter that a 3-7 OSU team in 2000 came within a jump ball at the end of the game of ruining our run to #7 (we won 12-7)? I can assure you that if we play in Stillwater like we did last night we WILL lose.

I'm not worried though, we play up or down to our competition. Both OU and OSU will be sky high and head hunting come bedlam night this year. Should be a hell of a game. I just ask that we not spot OSU a freaking kick off return TD this year like we do every year.

10. TrophyCollector

TrophyCollector Well-Known Member

If the humper D plays its best game of the season, it will cause some disruption to the OU offense.

If the OU defense plays slightly above average, it will cause absolute havoc and chaos on the shagger offense.

I like OUr chances a hell of a lot better than theirs!

11. Memtig14

Memtig14 New Member

Good......I am going to worry about TT, the purple kitties, A&M, Baylor and the Clones first.

12. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

We have 5 tough games left, and only one patsy, Iowa State in Norman. I would hope we are able to get serious on at least the 5 real foes we still have.

13. Dan Thompson

Dan Thompson New Member

Right now I am more worried about KS.

14. champions77

champions77 New Member

What makes me feel better is the latest NCAA team stats that have OU as 22nd and osu at 100 in total defense. I think texas had about twice as many yards on the osu defense as they did against us.

15. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

The way we played against the cartoon birds makes me nervous about the upcoming sand aggy game, even though it is in Norman.

16. OU Sooners

OU Sooners New Member

I'm not really worried. The post from Trophy collector seems pretty accurate. OSU has alot more to be concerned about than we do. Every year you hear about how much better OSU is than the year before, and you hear how ready they are for bedlam. Well news flash: OU gets ready for bedlam too! That is a huge game for us and no player wants to be on a squad that loses to OSU. That is a pride game.

17. UTgradOUfan

UTgradOUfan New Member

I suppose you had to have been at both games to appreciate the disparity b/t the Sooner D and the pokes D. and how the same whorn DB's who could not cover any of our receivers shut down the pokes down field game. The whorn's DB's did not just become all-conference in the intervening week.
    This was a big game for the pokes. KU was not a big game for the Sooners.
    Having watched both the Sooners and the pokes play the same opponent in back-to-back weeks was instructive. Both the Oklahoma teams were up for the whorns. Assuming that what I saw at DKR was the pokes "A game" then we will shock and awe them December in stillwater.
    I love our offense. We are going to score a lot of points against everyone left on our schedule.
    But our D has become special. I was in Tallahassee. Those were both stunningly fast D's.
    My guess is that this D blows up every team's game plan on our schedule.
    Speed kills
    I plan to be in N.O. next Jan.(unless we play LSU-I will never go to another LSU home game again...ever)

18. CowboyMRW

CowboyMRW Wrestling is OSU

That was not our "A" game. We should've brought ours but that was more of a C+ to B- game.

19. TrophyCollector

TrophyCollector Well-Known Member

Better than that for the D, they were able to hold the opponent under 28 for the second time this season. That's probably A- for that defense.

20. CowboyMRW

CowboyMRW Wrestling is OSU

It should've been 10. Special team miscues gave Texas 14 and then the safety so there's 16 right there.