1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T Boone Pickens: Big 12-3 needs to think big and add TCU, Houston, Rice, and SMU

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Sooner1972, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

[​IMG]

sooneron likes this.
  2. Sooner_Tuf

Sooner_Tuf New Member

I wonder when they are going to rename the school Oklahoma State Pickens.

3. 3DSooner

3DSooner New Member

He is a turd on the landscape of college football!
    He is a poke! I get it! That is his school! I get it!
    He has a gadzillon $$$$$, I get it!
    He is a friggen Booster!
    Nothing more, nothing less.

That does not make his opinion on college football relevant!
    He Is A BOOSTER! NOT A PRESIDENT, NOT A AD, Just a rich FAN!

4. SunnySooner

SunnySooner Wild West Wench

Oh HAAYL no!!!! Uh-unh. Nyet. Negative. Non. Worst idea evarrrrrr. Go tilt at some more windmills, T. Booger.

5. oumartin

oumartin New Member

Adding those schools is about the only way to keep his school relevant. If they add any schools that may be any good theres a chance OSU goes back to the cellar.

6. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Any tx school addition to any conference we are in hurts our recruiting. Not complicated.

7. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

He's The Obama of college football......

8. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

rut-roh, move the thread!

9. dennis580

dennis580 New Member

We NEED 12 teams, but none of those team should be from the state of Texas. I think both OU, and Texas will get togeather make sure we add no new teams from Texas.

My best guess is that we add BYU, West Virgina, and Air Force.

10. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

I sure hope you're correct. And, if we do add ONE texas team, I want it to be Rice or Houston, rather than TCU or SMU, due to proximity to our recruiting base.

11. lexred

lexred New Member

He is right about one thing, if we lose Mizzou we are in deep do do if the goal was to keep the "Big 12" togather. Their football team has improved and most of their other sports are pretty good. Anyone that replaced them would not bring as much to the table. If Mizzou decides to bolt to the SEC I think a lawsuit is in order. To try to deny that there is no backdoor dialogue prior to a departure announcement is absurd. Maybe some of the board attorneys can comment.

12. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

A lawsuit for what? Boren stated recently that litigation is not the right way to hold a conference together. I haven't heard that any agreements had been actually made yet with the remaining Big 12 members.

13. lexred

lexred New Member

I am not really sure, but the SEC seemed very concerned about about a possible lawsuit in regard to Texas A&M. As for Boren's comments, I tend to agree, but he has confused the hell out of me on this issue. I know that membership in a Conference is a voluntary issue, but the whole issue of realignments is out of control. The only reason the SEC might want MIzzou is that they are pretty decent, but will not threaten the traditional football powers.

14. Monster Zero

Monster Zero Member

Boone is an idiot and he needs to STFU

15. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

T. Booger needs to just STFU!!!!

16. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

The rest of the Big 12 (and media) needs to start ignoring Pickens. Last I heard he's a donor to OSU. If he wants to give the Big 12 a few hundred million dollars then maybe we'll care about his opinion. Until then his opinion means nothing to anyone outside of OSU.

17. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Welcome to being in a conference that will soon have roughly the prestige of the Big East.

I cannot believe this is happening when we could have gone with Aggie last year into the SEC. I won't say SEC is my first choice, but it sure would be an improvement over what we have now (and our short-term future prospects).

Tear Down This Wall likes this.
  18. boomerinhou

boomerinhou New Member

Guys...the interim commissioner Chuck Neinas has stated twice during interviews last week that if the Big 12 adds new teams, none will be added from the state of Texas. He said there's resistence from all schools from adding any teams from Texas.

[video]http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7009735/interim-commissioner-chuck-neinas-aims-closer-big-12[/video]

19. sooneredaco

sooneredaco New Member

I already like this guy!

20. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

This is the video of that interview he had on Gameday last weekend, isn't it? (sorry, videos make my compy act weird, so I'm avoiding). I lol'd that he was living in Boulder, Colo. and was the new Big 12 commish in new Pac 12 country :D

I remember his two criteria seemed to be:

1- NOT in Texas, and
    2- GOOD at football.