1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looks like Hunnicutt has replaced Stevens

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Dan Thompson, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Dan Thompson

Dan Thompson New Member

as our kicker. Hunnicutt made one FG and 5 extra points.

I don't think Stevens ever saw the field.

Now if we could just get someone to place the kick off five or more yards deep, that would be nice.

2. I Am Right

I Am Right New Member

Go ahead Stevens have another miller lite!

3. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

Apparently Jimmy tweaked his hamstring. (Anyone else think it might be like Chris Simms' "hangnail"?)

4. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Stevens was struck in the back of the leg by a brick while hauling a couple of Mongols out of the El Diablo bar in South OKC Thurday night. (One Mongol in a headlock under each arm).

5. rekamrettuB

rekamrettuB New Member

He had 2 or 3 touchbacks last night to either endzone if I remember correctly.

6. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

O'Hara had 2 touchbacks of 7 kicks averaging 68 yds.

7. rekamrettuB

rekamrettuB New Member

There ya go.

8. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

More like "I caused my coach a face palm on national TV" syndrome. The only known treatment is a placing your butt on the bench.

9. pb4ou

pb4ou Moderator

Stevens has a quad injury. That is why he didn't kick.

10. Stoops said Steven hurt before that kick and he was upset with himself that he had to send Stevens out because hunnicutt hadn't had enough kicks

11. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

In the All-Access vid of the post-game presser Stoops said he wanted Hunnicutt to get some easy ones in to build his confidence.

12. papawlambert

papawlambert Member

I think we are good to go with Hunnicutt from 45yds in.
    Papaw

13. CrimsonRez

CrimsonRez New Member

in other news...that Tress Way guy is pretty good

14. rekamrettuB

rekamrettuB New Member

Stevens is having season ending shoulder surgery ~ Mack Brown.

8timechamps likes this.
  15. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

O'hara had another good game kicking off. I don't see why you guys complain. He isn't the best in the biz but he's SO much better than the past two years.

16. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

"I'll answer this one for Jimmy..." - Mack Brown

17. agoo758

agoo758 New Member

They should put Stevens in at receiver like they did that one time last year. :eek:

18. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

no idea where Little Jimmy is at - but for the first time in awhile i wasnt nervous about extra points, or a fg attempt

Hunnicutt strikes the ball really well imo - i hope he keeps the job

19. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

You didn't even have to be told when that field goal sailed over the crossbar with plenty of air underneath and yards to spare that it was not kicked by Stevens. Extra points had lift and went over the crossbar by a lot and were right down the center. That all pointed to another kicker. What a relief for a change plus the two kicks into the end zone all in the same game! Would be nice not to have to worry about the kicking game! :)

20. BetterSoonerThanLater

BetterSoonerThanLater SoonerFans.com Elite Member

how about that kicker for Mizzou? geez. i thought stevens had switched teams..