1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Hobbit Movie

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by thecynic, Aug 5, 2011.

1. thecynic

thecynic New Member

Any one excited to see this? I wish someone other than Peter Jackson was doing it. I feel like he does evil and dark well, but he missed the lighter moments of TLOR. The Hobbit has such a different, lighter, more campy(?) feel to it, I'm afraid he's going to make it a dark and sinister movie. The characters I've seen look pretty cool though.

Chuck Bao and tbl like this.
  2. When and where did you see this? Also what were you wearing?

3. thecynic

thecynic New Member

Time magazine had the pics of the characters.

pretty sure it was a wife beater, jorts and crocs

4. Bout friggin time! been waiting for this movie like a child for christmas. I didn't know Jackson took over once again as directing, I too fear he might make it too dramatic and not enough 'happy times'. Good call on the crocs, sexy.

5. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I read The Hobbit in the 5th grade...it was magical...

6. soonerbub

soonerbub New Member

Your title needs an s at the end. It's gonna be 2 movies of Bilbo kickassery

An Unexpected Journey 2012 set for December 14 1 week before Mayageddon

There and Back Again 2013 (if we survive that calendar reset thingy)

Chuck Bao likes this.
  7. thecynic

thecynic New Member

haven't paid enough attention. didn't know that.

8. TUSooner

TUSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Did he get the hobbits' feet wrong in this movie, too?

9. rekamrettuB

rekamrettuB New Member

Was one of my favorite books as a child. I never read LOR nor watched the movies but loved Bilbo and Smaug.

10. tbl

tbl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The Rankin and Bass version will prove to be better than the PJ version will... He hates JRR.

11. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

JM is going to neg the **** out of me for this, but these books and movies are not good. They suck. They suck major major hairy hobbit ***.

It doesn't matter who directs this crap. Steven Spielberg could direct and it'd be like trying to put lipstick on a pig.

12. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You hold a grudge cause a baby Hobbit is bigger than you....

13. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

lol

14. Chuck Bao

Chuck Bao SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I loved all of the J. R. R. Tolkien books. As a kid on the farm, that was my escape. I vividly remember using my farm income to buy the box set and how after reading and re-reading them, they would go back in the box until the box fell apart. And, I love the Peter Jackson version of the LOTR. I think he does the humor justice. I think any more humor would make it campy.

Okay, now I have 2 new movies that I will venture into the theaters to see. Thanks for the heads up on the first movie, thecynic. Spek.

15. TUSooner

You have every right not to like them for any reason or no reason. But what qualifies you to say, or causes you to say, they are "not good"? Serious question, not a challenge to a politcal-type smackfest. ;)

16. SicEmBaylor

My problem with the books is that I simply do not like the "fantasy" genre in any shape, form, or fashion. The movies (sans the Hobbit which obviously hasn't been released yet) were too long, too boring, and had lousy acting.

17. EnragedOUfan

EnragedOUfan New Member

I'm glad that no one other than Peter Jackson is producing/directing this movie. I was upset when I heard that the producer of Del Toro was originally going to produce this movie. But when I heard he gave it up to Jackson, I was thrilled.......

http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/del-toro-leaves-the-hobbit-and-evidently-peter-jackson-wont-be-next/

No one other than Jackson should be in charge of the Hobbit. The Lord of the Rings movies were some of the best if not the best movies of all time...

18. TUSooner

Ah so. I'm generally not a fantasy fan either, but these books appealed to my linguistic side. I liked the movies but didn't love them.

19. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

The thing that separates hobbits from humans is that they grow hair on their toes and not on their a**. Maybe you omitted a fourth star or an s?

20. SicEmBaylor

I bow to your superior knowledge. I confess that I'm not an expert on the relative hairiness or attractiveness of a hobbit's ***.