1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's too hot

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by mgsooner, Jul 10, 2011.

1. 3rdgensooner

3rdgensooner What?

.....so take off all your clothes

2. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It is going to be a cool 100 today in Lawton...Sat 110...Sun 113

3. mgsooner

mgsooner New Member

4. waynepayne

waynepayne New Member

*sigh*

5. mgsooner

mgsooner New Member

6. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

On pace to be the hottest July ever.

7. Soonerson1975

Soonerson1975 New Member

If this keeps up I'm going to look like the guy in your avatar.

8. I'd actually be happy with a 103... what a summer

9. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

Strange summer when I need to invite my mother to come down to San Antonio to cool off...

[​IMG]

10. 87sooner

87sooner New Member

might as well fast forward to fall...
    what a waste of 3 months....

11. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm outta here. Worst thing I did was go to Victoria B.C. and Seattle last week. Now I really can't stand it.

Off to the Pacific...toes in the water, Chinatown, Fog.

Make it be cooler when I get back, K?

12. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

All the poor farmers who put in corn down me have already mowed/baled it. Problem is, it's tested way too hot. They'll have to mix it with something if they're going to feed it.

I've been pretty blessed. I cut my own hay early (only got about 1/2 a crop though), and I've been on a big hay job that had a lot of last year's prairie hay in it and I put up over 1000 round bales in the past few weeks. It's run out though, and I only have a couple small pastures of my own that I could cut, and they're ****. Problem is, **** hay is bringing a fortune now.

I've got some pasture that I didn't cut that will come back in time for a cutting if we can get some rain by early August or so. 2006 was bad, but I think this year is worse.

13. pphilfran

Counting today, 29 days in a row above 100 in Lawton....38 of the last 39 days above 100...July avg high now 106.6....

OKC a cool 102.8 for July...

14. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

IDGAS about hot. I want some mother****ing precip.

15. Lott's Bandana

Those numbers are ridiculous. And not a mention of August...

16. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

So you hanging out in hippy land is causing all this drought? Get your *** back home where you belong sailor!

17. 87sooner

87sooner New Member

they've cut some corn here too but i think most of it is too hot..
    some guys have told me they will harvest it ....that it'll make 30-50 which ain't bad at the current price...
    my milo is still hanging tough....a good rain and it would still be respectable....but of course there is no rain in sight...

i hired a guy to cut a 10 acre patch of bermuda the other day...i had guys offering me $40/bale for it...
    i put it on craigslist at $70 and the phone rang off the hook for an hour...
    the next batch will be higher..
    i'm thinking i should have just let my fields grow up to crabgrass for hay instead of spending $150k to plant milo...

18. 87sooner

87sooner New Member

100 degrees is a nice round number to count for a streak...but 95 ain't much different when it's dry as a friggin desert...
    up here in garfield county...there were only 8 days below 95 since june 1.

19. Lott's Bandana

I is home. And I'm leaving again.
    Back to hippy-land, where you spent New Years.

Come to think of it...perhaps YOU caused all this?!!

20. pphilfran

When you haven't had any true rain in months the temp is secondary...In Lawton we have had 6.82" of rain since Halloween...and 5.17" of that total came in two days, May 19 and 20th...