1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our best chances to move up next week...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by The Maestro, Oct 31, 2010.

1. KC//CRIMSON

KC//CRIMSON New Member

Pretty sure you were born with no sack, so don't get your curtains in a knot about the 13,000 post thingy.

2. Iam4OUru

Iam4OUru New Member

Dude, I'm not gonna get into a name-callin' cyber fight with you, but, if you believe this.....you are setting yourself up for disappointment. If someone could gauarantee that OU would play in the BCS Title game for the next five seasons BUT LOSE THEM ALL............I'll take it. That would mean that we, more than likely, won 11-13 games on our way to another conference title. It was once said, "It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all."

CrimsonJim likes this.
  3. KC//CRIMSON

KC//CRIMSON New Member

Exactly. I'm not being a doomer at all, I just thought that before the season started we were going to be a 10-2 or worst case 9-3 for the season, and I still think that. Hopefully I'm wrong, no biggie.

4. tcrb

tcrb New Member

Good one....do you have to stop posting when your kids go to bed?

You can give up on this team if that's what you want to do....that will be your reality. But the real reality is, they only have one loss and could beat any team in the nation if they play their best.

I'm done with this thread.

CrimsonJim likes this.
  5. KC//CRIMSON

KC//CRIMSON New Member

Sorry, but second place is a moral victory. Remember, you can win BCS games that are not MNC and still have the CCG to go with it, and I'd take that any day over five losses in the MNC. This team has had enough BCS losses already. Would you REALLY want to see Stoops at 2-10 in BCS games?

I wouldn't.

6. Iam4OUru

Iam4OUru New Member

I would rather lose the national title game than win a second tier bowl like the Cotton.

CrimsonJim likes this.
  7. TahoeSOONER

TahoeSOONER New Member

Moral victories are far better than conceding a loss before you even play or step on the field. It's a defeatest attitude and shows very little testicular fortitude or character. I don't need 14,000 post to know you know very little about the game whether you watched the early games or not. Go watch ice skating with your wife and be a judge.

CrimsonJim likes this.
  8. Iam4OUru

Iam4OUru New Member

KC//CRIMSON, you would rather play against a 14-point underdog in the Cotton Bowl than against a two touchdown favorite in the national title game?
    I'm not claiming that this would be the spread in either case this year.....just wonderin'. :confused:

9. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Would you rather your team go to the final with outcome unknown or a lesser bowl with a guaranteed win?

ANSWER: stupid question! you don't get a choice. You go the bowl you get invited to (hopefully earned) and you do your best to win. No guaranteed outcomes, sorry. Yes, you could lose the Cotton or any other bowl.

10. Iam4OUru

Iam4OUru New Member

You talkin' to me? :confused:

11. BoulderSooner79

I'm talking to anyone who would resort to name calling fellow sooner fans over a stupid, hypothetical question. But hey, that's so much fun - have at it.

12. Iam4OUru

Iam4OUru New Member

I haven't called anyone a "name". And, yes, this is hypothetical. I would much rather go for the gold than settle for something less....even tho it appeared my chances aren't as great. You know what they say about opinions......;)

13. TahoeSOONER

TahoeSOONER New Member

The dude started name calling so it is what it is. I'm not one to start arguing with fellow Sooner fans but when you concede defeat before playing and you start name calling then you open yourself up to what you put into the conversation.

CrimsonJim likes this.
  14. BoulderSooner79

Then my reference wasn't for you. I saw noob, aggy (aggie), sackless and various forms of manhood attacks, and loser all flash by on my screen. I guess you're all bored.

15. Eddie Money

Eddie Money Active Member

^this

16. BoulderSooner79

Nobody conceded defeat because no one here has any say - sorry to break it to you. I have every reason to believe the team will do whatever they can to win every game they play. The rest is just trying to predict what might transpire.

17. SoonerNate

SoonerNate New Member

We win big and fall all because of Florida effin State.

18. Iam4OUru

Iam4OUru New Member

Ponder is a friggin' joke.

19. Iam4OUru

Iam4OUru New Member

Yeah, I saw that, too. :eek:

20. TahoeSOONER

TahoeSOONER New Member

When you climb down from your high horse and take time to read the conversation you'll read the guy said he didn't want OU to play in a National title game against Oregon or Auburn because OU would be *** raped.

I appreciate you clearing things up about the difference between conceding defeat and predictions because I thought for sure our hopes were in the hands of the gutless that didn't even want us in the game in the first place.

You must have stayed in a holiday inn last night with all this insight.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
    CrimsonJim likes this.