1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That game was weird

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Serge Ibaka, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Serge Ibaka

Serge Ibaka New Member

Why go for 2 when down 9?

Why punt w/ 2 minutes left and down 2 possessions? Go for it!

And, after that, why run and pitch the ball all over the field if there's no way that we can win? Take a knee.

Yawn.

Go Thunder!

2. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the whole thing was a nightmare from which I will soon awake.

3. OUMedMan

OUMedMan New Member

The score was 36-21 when the Sooners scored -- down 15 points. If you figure you are going to score on two possessions -- you need seven points and eight points to get to 15. So -- one of the touchdowns you are going to have to go for two -- so why not do it on the first, which is what Stoops did.

On the other hand -- punting with 2:02 and down two scores doesn't really make a lot of sense -- and that attempt at Boise State type heroics when time ran out didn't make any sense at all.

4. Crucifax Autumn

Crucifax Autumn SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Huh?

Thread...Not a particular post.

5. aero

aero Well-Known Member

Yes, but going for 2 and NOT getting it is pretty deflating to the team. I would have preferred making it an 8 point game and getting the D and O jacked up that we can do this. I don't know about everybody else but that missed 2 pointer pretty much wrapped it up in my mind. Would of took a whole mess of Sooner Magic to overcome that.

6. there there

there there New Member

We did recover an onside right after that.

7. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

This. Say you make it an 8-point game and then you get the second score and fail on the 2-point. You'd be saying "****, I wish we had gone for two the first time, so the second one would be a gimme PAT... or at least if we had missed it THEN we'd know we needed another score anyway."

8. sooner13f

sooner13f New Member

Why did we stop running the ball? Finch looked good on every carry. I was excited then he ran off and never came back.

9. Partial Qualifier

Partial Qualifier SoonerFans.com Elite Member

BECAUSE.... we wanted to stink up the 4th quarter and give the Missouri fans something to celebrate.

Why else would we revert back to intentional ineffectiveness & yank the one guy who's being effective, going for 8 yards a pop ??

c'mon, keep up.

:(