1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSU or Neb

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by boomerborn79, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Mark_in_Tulsa

Mark_in_Tulsa New Member

I think it depends on who wins the Mizzu - Neb game.

Mizzu wins it, then who cares what games Neb win because we probably won't be playing them in the CCG.

2. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

That's probably how it will shake out.

3. boomerborn79

boomerborn79 New Member

I'm pulling for little brother. Just like 08 I want them to be as highly ranked as ever and them to have as much confidence as possible. Then beat there a55 by thirty so they can run home crying to momma gundy.

4. MojoRisen

MojoRisen New Member

They changed the rule on this, because of us, it started counting after the 2003 B12C game.

5. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

I think beating undefeated little pokies (Mmmm, Jennifer Anniston) would be enough of a boost in the human polls to make the Big 12 champ game opponent moot.

6. MI Sooner

MI Sooner New Member

The polls and computer rankings used were issued after the CCGs. I'm not sure if they doubled up the quility win points or SOS if you played a team twice, but I think they did.

7. King Barry's Back

King Barry's Back New Member

I know that in the past, the CCGs were treated as normal game -- UNLESS the CCG represented a re-match.

In the case of rematch, the BCS powers that be gave you no credit towards your SOS, presumably because that team's SOS value was already included.

Which is kind of nuts because it is clearly more difficult to play a team twice than it is to play a team one time.

I don't know what the current situation is.

So....I guess this post was completely useless.

8. Eddie Money

Eddie Money Active Member

Screw everyone that is not OU.

9. AlbqSooner

AlbqSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

FIFY