1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOONER MAGIC

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by okcusooner, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Funky G

Funky G New Member

We haven't won a big game in a looooong time..

2. Crucifax Autumn

Crucifax Autumn SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Regarless...We are gonna win out and get to the big game again.

Curly Bill likes this.
  3. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Yep. Emotions run high after a loss.

What you say after a loss is much more important than after a win IMO.

CrimsonJim likes this.
  4. okcusooner

okcusooner New Member

Really?

Ok. Mr. Las Vegas...I'll take that action.

You've been pretty bold with your comments, so let's see if you are the type of man to back them up.

Name the amount you want to bet on this.

5. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

True that. It's why I think emotions are even higher after this loss. Having this happen after setting the bar so high...well it just sucks.

I sure hope this is what turns it around again. Seeing that fire in the belly of all of our players would be something I think gave us an edge in 2000 when we were out manned and out gunned.

BYU can probably relate to that after tonight.

6. Let me start by saying I have been being a total and complete bi*ch for about three weeks now... Don't know what the prob is, but even my loyal to the end dogs have been running for cover when I walk in the door after work. So that being said...........

Ok, I'm so SICK of seeing people called band wagon fans because they bag on the coaches! They DESERVE to be bagged on!!! They make enough money to be ok being bagged on! Good God! Give me $4 million dollars just once, not even a year, and anyone, any where can say whatever they like about me!

Stoops makes more money than I'll EVER see, and doesn't do a damn thing in my opinion to earn it! the ONE AND ONLY MNC HE WON WAS WITH SOMEONE ELSES PLAYERS! He can't win one on his own to save his freaking life!!

I work my *** off in my job and make a teeny tiny fraction of what he does. I'm also on a "pay for performance" pay scale. If I did my job as well as Stoops and company do, I'd be in the freaking poor house or even fired! So yeah, I think we hard working people, who pump our hard earned money into this program by buying season tickets and all the OU crap we have, and help to pay Stoops $4 mil a year salary can have some say without being called "band wagon fans".

I mean, I try, I really, really try to be a band wagon fan. I try so hard to turn the freaking game off and not watch them self-destruct, and tell myself I don't care, but I can't! I am, as the song goes, Sooner Born and Sooner Bred.

Maybe start paying this staff on their actual performance, treat them like the rest of us, not like some special, can't be touched Gods, and they would turn stuff around! I mean, if you could get paid millions in your job while not actually performing, what would be your incentive?

And don't tell me Stoops and crew get a bonus for bowl games, cause, really? You're making $4 million a year, in this Oklahoma cost of living, do you really miss some end of year bonus?! They have to have enough left over money to be lighting their "runners up" cigars with $100 dollar bills!

Curly Bill likes this.
  7. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

You just fell off the BandWagon.

You have to take the good with the bad.

8. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

The bandwagon doesn't ride smoothly anyway, needs shocks or something. I'll just drive my truck and still be as big a fan as I've always been. ;)

Crimson Blonde likes this.
  9. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Seen the Sooner Schooner overturn in Norman during an OU Colorado game. We lost that one. Huge meltdown too.

On the bottom on the Schooner...."**** Texas"

:D

10. En_Fuego

En_Fuego New Member

lol