1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Game Thread: Oklahoma vs BYU

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by ouflak, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Hotrod3157

Hotrod3157 New Member

They were better then us tonight. Yes injuries probably cost us the game but we weren't lookin great before Sam went down. O-line needs time to get it together and the D needs to find a way to get teams off the field on 3rd down. Hats off to BYU for a big win for their program.

2. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

The players did the best that they could, but this is reminiscent of the OSU game back in 2001. Farting around on offense, and then you knew OSU was going to punch it in. Same here. I just got on, but WHY IN THE WORLD DO WE HAVE OUR LINEMEN IN THEIR STANCES FOR SO LONG! I don't even blame the line, I blame the staff for having them down there for so long. A sign of a good staff is learning from your mistakes...THEY DIDN'T! Just like against FLA, they were in their stances too long, and weren't ready. Same here.

3. Crucifax Autumn

Crucifax Autumn SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We'll recver..and we'll be in the big game.

4. fadada1

fadada1 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

defense played well enough (more than well enough) to win. every team, even the light speed defenses of the sec, are going to give up some plays. i give big props to the D in playing a very sound game against a veteran QB. too many yards through the air? yes. solid game, all in all.

offense, before the injury, was weak, weak, weak, weak, weak. you have the reigning heisman winner and you don't let him throw. they don't have to be 50 yard bombs, but you have to let him throw. period. this loss falls completely on the offensive coaches for, what appears to be, showing nothing to our future opponents. i don't even think this was an O-line concern as much as it was a O-coaching concern. apparently our coaches learned nothing in having the entire team look back to the sideline in a "critical" situation. anyone else remember einstein's definition of insanity????

kudos to byu and their players/fans. i hope i'm wrong, but i fear for this season already. i hope this is just a bad game and our guys put it behind them and go on to win out - that's what i'm counting on.

lesson learned for joe c. - never schedule a neutral field home opener again.

5. OlRedMagic

OlRedMagic New Member

September 4, 1906 called. They want their defense back.

6. wishbonesooner

wishbonesooner New Member

Nobody is afraid of Oklahoma anymore. I know we lost our Heisman winner and a 1st round tight end. This was a game we needed our D to step up and stop a team when the game was on the line. They do, we win. They couldn't, and that is not a new development.

7. I agree 100% wishbone! I always "forget and forgive" the D, because they, at times, do wonderful things.... However, really when you think about it, how many games have we lost, that if the D would have just made a freaking stand, we would have won?!

8. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Doesn't really get right down to that though...

"How many games have we lost?"

Not many.

9. Crucifax Autumn

Crucifax Autumn SoonerFans.com Elite Member

MAybe we shoulda played East Popcock state like most of the big 12.

10. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said just "how many" games, but how many BIG games....

It's just my opinion, but seems to me, that the D is what looses us the BIG games most times.... That, and like I've said before, Wilson's brilliant "up the middle" run tactics.... I will NEVER understand that. Now especially, this year. O line can't block for sh*t, yet, Kevin Wilson thinks the guys can run up the middle?

I'm proably just in a bitchy mood. I have that same exact feeling I have after every OU bowl game (I really feel like I've just watched a bowl game, not the season opener), because watching this game was like watching EVERY OU bowl game in the past years....

They were lost and sloppy! Didn't have a friggin clue what was going on. I don't know what the cause was. I say the players and question why a program like OU doesn't get better quality players, and am told that the ones we have are top HS recruits. So then when I say it has to be the coaching then, I'm told that the coaches can't control those things.... So who the hell is to blame here?

StoopTroup likes this.