1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daniel Orton

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by soonerfan28, Apr 18, 2008.

1. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

What are our chances of getting this kid to stay home? I've heard he has an uncle who is an OU assistant and that he will at least look at OU, but then I heard he wants to go somewhere where they worship B-ball. I looked on rivals and they have him as leaning towards Florida and Ohio State, but scout has him still open to like 10 schools. Any info would be nice.

2. CU Sooner

CU Sooner New Member

If the worship for B-ball is a key and he has florida and ohio state leans, i would think we have just as good a chance. I would consider us in the same tier as them as far as b-ball. Just opinion, no info.

3. snp

snp New Member

2007-2008 Attendance:

6. Ohio St. 18 315,539 17,530
    32. Florida 18 212,866 11,826
    45. Oklahoma 16 160,371 10,023

He wants to see the support from the fans. Our best shot is for him to be a late signee and we can get the fan support back. With Willie Warren and Blake Griffen dominating next year, I don't expect that'll be a problem. Odds are probably against us right now but we're not out of it.

4. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

We could really use him next year with Griffin going pro and Warren not far behind. I know we have Hardwick coming in but we could really use Orton to go with him. Thanks for the stats.

5. jccouger

jccouger Member

Orton is over rated IMO. I know a lot of colleges are looking at him, but I think its just because of his potential.

6. bprao5

bprao5 New Member

I don't know if you call a kid overated when every program in the country would gladly pull out the red carpet for this kid. I've seen him play in person and he's the real deal, the kid is a MONSTER on the defensive side of the ball. His uncle on Orlando Talierfero (sp), the same guy who pretty much brought in WW. OU has a chance, i won't go out of my way and say that they are leading or anything, but i do know that the program has made him a priority.

7. Ash

Ash New Member

He's a talented kid. It's sometimes hard to judge how a kid will do when the game is so easy for them in high school. I remember watching a game of his and thinking that he's not showing much, wasn't very active. He ended up having a 20 and 10 game.

I think he will have an adjustment period to Div-1 because he's not going to be the biggest, strongest guy out there.

8. Ground_Attack

Ground_Attack Well-Known Member

Isn't that the case with nearly all recruits? :rolleyes:

9. jccouger

jccouger Member

Wow, bite my heads off guys. I just said in my opinion that this guy is over rated. and IN MY OPINION he is. I've played against him, and I've watched him play. He is very tall and athletic, but his basketball skills suck.

10. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think this kid could be pretty good. I see the problem for the team getting him kinda like A&M getting DeAndre Jordan. Goes pro before you ever get anything out of him.

11. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

Good point. hadn't thought of that.