1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tulsa Area Restaurants

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by r5TPsooner, Jan 11, 2008.

1. r5TPsooner

r5TPsooner New Member

Thanks everyone. We had a great time in Tulsa and I must admit, that I will never curse at Memorial Road again because your 61st Street that runs in front of the mall was as crowded as I've seen anyplace in the state of Oklahoma. I swear it would takes us 10 minutes to go 1/2 a mile.

Chipotle was good but VERY small. Maybe the smallest Chipotle that I've ever been in. Woodlands Hills Mall is pretty nice and I found a couple of nice sports coats at Dillards that I couldn't find here that were a steal for a Ralph Lauren brand!

Took the kids to the Warren Duck Club as we stayed at the Double Tree Hotel at Warren Place. My son was waaaaay to young for that place, so we ended up having our dinner room serviced. The dinner cost us more than the hotel did.:eek:

The Oklahoma Aquarium was nice but I expected a little more for the price of admission. Still, a nice place to take the kids that's somewhat educational and fun for adults as well.

We finished the day eating at Los Cabos... good food and excellent service. Definitely an eat at again type of place.

BTW, what is Cheddars like and that fish restaurant on 61st like?

Thanks again.

2. LilSooner

LilSooner New Member

Both are pretty darn good. Cheddars reminds me of a better chili's (same kind of food). The fish place is really good. They have a great lobster bisque.

3. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

Yeah, 71st Street is the ninth circle of Hell. I avoid it whenever possible. Luckily, we have slightly smaller, crappier versions of almost everything found on 71st around 41st. :D

4. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Fish Daddy's is a great restaurant. The fish tacos RMFO and they are plenty big enough to split. They also have $2.49 big margaritas all-day every-day. I think both it and Cheddar's are owned by the same people.

71st is teh devil!

5. SwitzerFan

SwitzerFan Member

Although I agree that Casa Viva (Casa Bonita) is not very good, I think it is a little better after the original owner took over again and renamed it Casa Viva. I am torn on this place. When I was a kid it was the best place and food. I have many great memories about it. However, has the food gone downhill, or have I just grown up and had better? Something I ponder. Thoughts? :)

6. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I for one do not understand the phenomenon that is Cheddars. I've eaten there two, maybe three times in the last 8 years and always think it's a C/C+ kind of restaurant. I don't get why it is perpetually packed.

7. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

You grew up.

Even back in the late 80's-early 90's my friends and I referred to Bonita as "sh*t 'n' chips".

8. frankensooner

frankensooner New Member

My best friend in grade school got food poisoning there back in the mid-70's ;) It was always bad. It was a cool place to go back in the day though.

I also loved Kips Big Boy but it is gone now too.

When we would come to OKC when I was a kid, we would always eat a Crystals. That place RAWKED.

9. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

71st street sux. Los Cabos is teh amazings. Cheddars is also very good.

10. IB4OU2

IB4OU2 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Agreed helltown succs....and we can only afford the resturaunts around midtown and Utica square. :( ;)

11. M

M New Member

I have a scar on my forehead from the carousel at Crystal's, so I will be forever reminded of its total dominance.

12. MrJimBeam

MrJimBeam New Member

I always prefered Senor Teqailas, but I'm old school.

13. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Los Cabos is easily one of the best, if not the best messican restaurant in the area.

14. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

Dang, man. I grew up in Pryor, going to the El Royal, and Senior Tequila's is still hands-down the worst Mexican place I've ever eaten at. Well, attempted to eat, at least.

Gah.

15. IB4OU2

IB4OU2 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ricardo's is really, really good. Try their chili relleno's.

16. Oldnslo

Oldnslo Radioman

Cancun, a dump on 8th and Lewis, pwns all messican.

17. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You guys ever tried that Mexican place at 45th & Peoria behind the QT? Great carnitas.

18. OklahomaTuba

OklahomaTuba SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I found the best ribs in town @ Red Rock Canyon Grill.

Even the damn bones taste good.

19. OklahomaTuba

OklahomaTuba SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And if yer in Owasso towne, get your *** into Adolinis. Its a great little Italian place that is super cheap.