1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toby Keith

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by salth2o, Sep 8, 2007.

1. royalfan5

royalfan5 Superbia in Proelio

His wife is from Nebraska, and she convinced him to join the good guys after that.

2. frankensooner

frankensooner New Member

I thought people didn't like TK because he wore crocs?

Hey, TK did the best intro of the day. Way to go TK. I would appreciate it though if you got the dinner rolls back on the menu at your resturant. My misses doesn't care for the only corn bread option, and why do you have to pay for the dinner salad now?

3. UberSooner

UberSooner Active Member

Remember Grandy's. I used to get the double stack chicken fry. Damn that was some good eats.

r5TPsooner likes this.
  4. LifelongSooner

LifelongSooner New Member

You need to go back and watch the 2000 Orange Bowl, starting with the part where Bob Stoops says, "It's easy to see that Oklahoma is back," while he's hoisting the Sears Trophy, and then wait for Toby to belt out HOW DO YOU LIKE US NOW? If you don't get goosebumps when you hear Toby screaming out that song (to the national media who said, ad nauseum, that OU didn't stand a chance against FSU, to the local media (Dean the Duntz) who picked FSU over us WHILE INTERVIEWING Coach Stoops in Miami, before that championship game--to everyone who said we were just a gimmicky offense that all the other teams would figure out by the end of the season, to the Heisman voters who picked the AARP poster child Weinke over our Josh--if you don't get goosebumps and understand why Toby is here, you can't be a Sooner fan :)

5. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

does anyone have a youtube link they can post for those of us who were at the game?

6. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

I can stomach TK. I did crack up on the come get some part. However, he should have taken a minute to really think about what he was going to say. It seemed very off the top of his head. A little too spontaneous.

7. soonersweetie

soonersweetie Well-Known Member

Absolutely!! I love TK's music and I love it even more that he is a Sooner fan!!! I thought his intro was hilarious. Haven't been to his restaurant yet, someday I will.

8. r5TPsooner

r5TPsooner New Member

with some country gravy. Mmmmn.

9. The Maestro

The Maestro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What I would prefer is ABC/ESPN/FSN or whoever is carrying the game not comb the crowd for the goofiest looking redneck they can find hootin' and hollerin' for the Sooners. I mean, do they have production meetings with the statement, "Find the tornado bait and give them some air time!" posted?

BoomerJack and OzarkSooner like this.
  10. r5TPsooner

r5TPsooner New Member

16.99+tax.

Maybe they raised there prices.

11. soonersweetie

soonersweetie Well-Known Member

I thought that too. I was watching my recorded version last night and I thought, out of all 85k fans, these few were the best they could find to put on tv? Now, don't get me wrong, I love all of our Sooner fans :) ....some are just more photogenic than others ;)

12. Tiptonsooner

Tiptonsooner Well-Known Member

If your sitting at the game, close to the camera and can't figure out which hillbilly will be the glorified idiot on TV, yep. It be you.

13. sitzpinkler

sitzpinkler Active Member

then Toby Keith would never get any air time :D :p

14. TMcGee86

TMcGee86 Well-Known Member

good call. the ten piece nuggets was money as well.

15. The Maestro

The Maestro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yes, poor Toby the redneck. I'm sure your crib, cars, style and popularity would have him very envious.

People bashing Toby Keith and who think Stoops is running up the score...two more good reasons why I drink.

16. TexasSooner01

TexasSooner01 New Member

I love Toby!!! My oldest son was so excited when he realized TK was a Sooner fan!

Rock on Toby!!! BOOMER SOONER!!!

17. soonerloyal

soonerloyal New Member

Reminds me of an interview I saw with one of the Moore tornado victims in '99. One of the nationally-known reporters was asking the woman if she lost everything, and she said (I SWEAR TO GOD ALMIGHTY) "...just about everything, but my velvet Elvis paintin' is OK, so it's not all bad..."

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Of all the victims who were available that week - how many did they have to go through to find HER? I swear, I hoped she was originally from Texas.

18. Anaxamander

Anaxamander New Member

TK's a local boy done good--gotta appreciate that.

Plus, it's really funny to me how people get to college and think they're too sophisticated or complex for country music. Actually, it's more sad than anything.

19. sas

sas New Member

I hated it before I even made it to high school.

Sophistication has nothing to do with it. I just hated the lyrics, the music, and the image. Other than that it was OK.

A lot of today's country music would have been called rock years ago. The line has been blurred.

20. Ash

Ash New Member

Wags in Woodward has the best CFS IMHO.