1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you gave me a month to get a team ready for a bowl I wouldn't want help from

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by usmc-sooner, Jan 2, 2007.

1. usmc-sooner

usmc-sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

anyone on our current staff.

anytime we face a good coaching staff with good athletes our OC and DC get taken to the wood shed.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  2. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

Okay.

snp likes this.
  3. soonernation

soonernation New Member

Our DC got taken to the woodshed. Our OC not so much. We should beat any team in the country when we score 35/42 points in a game. Our D has some issues that have to be worked out before we start beating top 10 teams again.

4. TheLlama

TheLlama New Member

Take 21 pts of the board that PT threw away(Literally) and we win that game. Our head wasnt in the game the first half... and we didnt even deserve to be as close as we were. Still yet... I love OU football and im already looking forward to next season.

5. snp

snp New Member

Hokay.

Rhino likes this.
  6. usmc-sooner

usmc-sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

they gave us 14 points as well. At the end of each half we let them drive the field in about 1 minute and give up 14 points.
    I love OU football as much as anybody but we are a better team than this.

7. tpatton

tpatton New Member

It's becoming more and more of an issue of the long layoffs between games for the participants. Yes, yes, I know...it affects BOTH teams, but obviously some more than others. not to make excuses, but PT and the team itself looked very flat for much of the game, and it was pretty clear that BSU wanted it much more than my beloved Sooners. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but that was reminiscent of pre-Oregon this year, and the BIG XII Championship game where we got smoked by Kansas State. Did we revert back to relying mostly on AD, or did we simply take BSU too lightly? Lessons learned are historic throughout OU history...remember the Arkansas loss in the Orange Bowl in the 70's? It kind of reminded me of that game. Still....OU is OU, and the Sooners will be back!

8. TheLlama

TheLlama New Member

Totally Agree. We finally got the ball rollin in sooner fashion but we were a little late onthe jump. Im real pround of Larry Birdine... he had a fantastic game and i hope he makes it huge as a DE in the NFL. Secondary NEEDS WORK!

9. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That's a valid question.

When was the last time anyone thought, man, our coaches are a mystery wrapped inside a riddle....just don't know what they'll do next. It's been a while. Maybe one minute in 2005...Travis Wilson's TD vs. UCLA. 2004=0 minutes. 2003 Bama fake punt, '02 Mizzou. That's one series for the buckin' bronchos