1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bomar story broke 7 months ago on TexAgs

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by BarryBnds, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Beano's Fourth Chin

Beano's Fourth Chin you're fired

Even if it's not in the Google cache, it doesn't mean it's fake. They probably just soft deleted the thread at the time and then when someone remebered it, they brought it back. Certainly more likely than a conspiracy headed by the paranoid masterminds running the show over at texags ;).

But even if it is a hoax (which I doubt) it would still be pretty funny.

If true, just goes to show how monumentally dunderheaded all parties involved were. I mean, if the story is broken by a Delta Delta Delta while popping her Doublemint and stressing about her split-ends, then we probably have bigger problems.

Has anyone made sure that Bomar didn't leave his playbook on a copy machine at the Grand Prarie Kinkos?

2. lufkinaggie07

lufkinaggie07 New Member

The thread is real, the guy got hammered when he came out with his info, most people at the time thought he was talking about LSU, but apparently he was referring to OU, the Staff at Texags took the thread down at the time, and recently put it back up when the news about Bomar came out.

3. 1991SOONER

1991SOONER Guest

I know it exists on the ag board somewhere. Duh. I'm saying that anyone with privilages to that board can create a bogus thread with fictional dates.

Besides that, if you were a TRUE Sooner fan, how could you possibly support anything that could damage our program futher??? If you don't know what I am talking about, just re-read the post and pay attention.

Whether its true or not. I am not supporting it until it comes from a credible source and not the internet that any bozo with forum board privilages can create.

I'm not arguing about this anymore, but I WILL point out some descrepancies:

1) The poster says that there were "large sums" of money handed out to Bomar. In fact, Bomar was dismissed for not working the hours that he said he worked, not for recieving "large sums" of money.

2) If this ag was dating someone who lived in OK, it must be logical that he himself lived in OK. I mean, come-on guys??? I lived in OK for 27 years and NEVER EVER ran across an Ag while I was there. They all congregate down here in Texas because thats where their network is. And that is where most of the good paying jobs are. WHAT REASON WOULD HE HAVE FOR MOVING TO OKLAHOMA?!!?!?!?!?

That whole thread stinks and I don't buy it and you can't make me:mad:

Any self respecting Sooner will do the same....

4. jps

jps New Member

Well, if it is real (which it looks to be), then I guess hopefully the only people that were involved were Bomar and JD and a possible walkon. Hopefully, what we know is all there is to it.

5. 1991SOONER

1991SOONER Guest

It COULD have also been about another school and the thread was "doctored" as you can see there where no "quotes" where others referenced his words. I still find it highly suspicious. Just someones agenda to get an investigation started into OU...

6. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

Ah, but we would be the only fans to put a lock on it. This hurts us in so many ways you can't ignore. The more games we win, now... the more OUr program will be picked apart for what some stupid kids and boosters did. If you can put someone on two years of probabtion for 550 phone calls over the course of five years...

Once again, look at your personal phone bill over the last five years and tell me you haven't made over a thousand BS phone calls... And this was an entire coaching staff, to several players over the course of, again FIVE FREAKING YEARS.

Well, then... you can put someone on probation for just about anything. And since we don't have billionaire Boone or the letters "SC" in OUr name... you can bet we'll pay a stiff price for something else ridiculous.

Why is Mack Brown a hero for letting Ramonce break the rules and play for an MNC and Bob Stoops is hated for doing the right thing and biting the bullet just 30 days before what could have been a tremendous season?

7. RedstickSooner

RedstickSooner New Member

It makes me sick to my stomach that there was a whistle-blower about this that far back, and we still didn't catch him at it until just now.

*&(* the NCAA -- I don't care about penalties -- I care about what's right, and our players are supposed to be CLEAN, damnit. That's one thing which I don't have to squirm about -- Stoops is a clean coach, he runs a clean program.

So how the bleep did this go on for so long? Did the dealership provide doctored records back when we first looked into AD's car "scandal"? Or were we not able to look at employment records (as that's not a public record, and the university isn't empowered with the ability to seize such records) -- so only once W-2s and so forth showed up were we able to prove there was a problem...?

How can anyone consider themselves a "friend" of the program, and then put players at risk like that? Or was it caused by the change-of-ownership of the dealership, and the new owners supplying accurate tax info to the gummint? Is it possible that Bomar had his gig there for two full years, drawing money for a no-show job?

The more we hear, the more ashamed I am. My only solace is that at least it seems to be restricted to Bomar and Quinn. Or is that going to change as well? Certainly seems odd they'd be the only two to avail themselves of free handouts.

8. 101sooner

101sooner New Member

BRSI GM to BRSI finance department:

"Hey man, that OU football player wants to roll around town in that $35,000 Escalade. Let's sell him the Escalade for $350.00. Spread that $350.00 over 6 years. Shop around for a solid interest rate. No more that %6.25."

9. jbstrick

jbstrick New Member

Interesting. I work with several A&M, OSU, Notre Dame, Northwestern, OU, Ark, U of Ariz, grads. I guess it all depends on where you work.

10. OklahomaTuba

OklahomaTuba SoonerFans.com Elite Member

1991 is being stupid.

I work in an office building with over 1,000 in Tulsa, OK.

I would bet no more than 10% are originally from Oklahoma or went to an Oklahoma school.

Hell, I would bet that nearly 30% are from overseas.

11. sooner94

sooner94 New Member

damn innerweb dun gott us ina spotu trouble

12. humbletexas

humbletexas New Member

Give props to the Aggies...they nailed it some time ago................................

Sucks for us......:(

13. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Get ****ing real people . If some aggie told us about this we would have nailed his azz to a cross . **** happens and idiots are here . We cant prevent em only get rid of em .
    Coach did That . As I said lets put this **** behind us and get Behind ENA ;)

14. sooners00

sooners00 New Member

Looks like you lost this one. Score one for my portfolio broseph.

Unless of course you just don't believe this guy or anyone else who posts on these boards.

Partial Qualifier likes this.
  15. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

when you keep in mind how much information is on teh intraweb, it makes perfect sense that the story broke online first. i mean--- that's how it broke to many of you, right? probably hardly any of you were watching Dean.

16. LSUMeathead

LSUMeathead New Member

I am merely a casual observer in this whole debate, but I don't think I have laughed so hard until I read this post. Why is it that when someone is challenged on a message board, they have to whip out one of the following lines:
    1. My portfolio is worth $x,xxx,xxx
    2. My house is enormous
    3. My car costs more than you are worth
    4. My johnson is bigger than your forearm!
    ...to clearly compansate for the true fact that...
    1. I have an Ameritrade account with $500 & 1000 shares of Enron in it
    2. I live in a van down by the river
    3. I am assuming that you are worth approximately $2.50 because that is what my Camaro is worth
    4. I need tweezers & a magnifying glass to use the bathroom

:rolleyes:

17. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

I got a temporary ban here for posting information that later turned out to be true. Sometimes, people don't want to believe stuff because there are too many instances of b.s. from trolls.

18. Fort Worth Realtor

Fort Worth Realtor New Member

AggieGrant06 nailed it. Everyone on Texags told him he was full of it.

Texags.com is such a wealth of vital information.

19. RacerX

RacerX SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Post reported.

:D

20. Dances with Possums

Dances with Possums New Member

Out of curiosity 1) which rules did Ramonce Taylor break 2) who is hating Bob Stoops for doing the right thing and biting the bullet?