1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random drug testing

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by afs, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stanley1

Stanley1 New Member

Still a bitch-move.

2. LilSooner

LilSooner New Member

When I started this job they brought all of us up here to Chicago for training THEN gave us a drug test. And not just any old drug test they chopped off some of my hair! I'm not talking about a tiny piece at base of my neck, I'm talking about a huge honkin' piece of the top of my noggin!

I was ****ed, but at least I passed.

3. Okla-homey

Okla-homey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Couple of quick points speaking as a d00d who used to order those random pee-nalyses.

The JAG said unless they were random, they wouldn't survive scrutiny as evidence under the theory we lacked probable cause.

That said, over 400,000 in the USAF end up randomly peeing in a bottle a couple times a year. That's around 800,000 bottles of pee that get packaged up, carefully observing appropriate evidentiary chain of custody protocols at no small expense to the taxpayer. Its a good deal because it mostly keeps people who work in and around jets and bombs and nukleer missiles, etc. from being stoners.

All those pee bottles end up at Lackland AFB, TX at a central "AF Pee Lab."

Now, this is a big secret so don't tell anybody;) , Big Blue only actually tests about 5000 bottles of pee per year at the big "AF Pee Lab" (not officially called that) in San Antone.

Sooo, a guy can play the odds and still be a stoner -- but most don't. Now, if his commander has reason to believe he's a stoner, he can order a mandatory individual pee test, but that's different and that pee gets tested for sure.

just saying.

4. Okla-homey

That means they can tell if you've been high at anytime that hair was on your head. :eek:

5. TUSooner

TUSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The military, we know, is a whole n'other thang.

6. TUSooner

TUSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That's the debbil. Which brings up the point that these tests are not designed or intended to show impairment. The farther removed, temporally, the illicit ingestion, the less rationale there is for any testing. If a guy takes a puff on Saturday, and gets in an accident the following Friday, he'll test positive and probably get fired, even though the usage had nothing whatsoever to do with the accident, and the guy might be an excellent employee. These tests are witch hunts. Big Brother is REAL, I tell ya.

7. afs

afs New Member

my first deployment on Operation Golden Flow was 7 months after i joined the USAF and only b/c the entire tech school was tested after the 4th of July.

I lasted 28 months before my 2nd test and I have now done 2 test in the past 45 days.

8. Okla-homey

It used to be based on the last two numbers of your SSN randomly coming up in some set of 5 or 6 two-digit numbers generated by the pee computer at the "Demand Reduction" section over at the base hospital. You know, like the daily lottery: "24,37,89,12,17, etc." I presume it still is.

9. afs

afs New Member

it is but they've also geared the random generation computer to focus on Airmen and Lts and those under 26 years old.

10. Okla-homey

Dayum! so after I made captain I could have become a heroin addict? Who knew? bastages. ;)

11. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

****ing in a bottle was just a way of life in the military. It was a small price to pay to be one of the worlds finest.

Semper Fi

12. TexasLidig8r

TexasLidig8r SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This is why sex should be your only vice... :D

13. Veritas

Veritas Moderator

Mandatory and random drug testing is bull****.

I'm a computer programmer. As long as I get my job done, on time, etc, who cares if I smoke a big fat bowl every morning before work?

However, there are people in our warehouse who are drive large bits of machinery. Should they smoke a big fat bowl it's likely going to effect their ability to perform their job duties. So they'd best not be on drugs, or they'll run over somebody, damage product, break equipment etc.

However, because attorneys have completely ****ed up this nation, everything has to be fair and equal, regardless of the fact that life isn't fair and equal. So in order to not get sued for firing some pothead out in the warehouse, everybody has to get **** tested.

And FWIW, I'm clean and sober since New Years 2002. Well, not counting booze. I drink like a fish. :D But I want to reserve the right to do whatever the **** I want to do provided it's not endangering someone else without interference from the man.

BillyBall and HoserSooner like this.
  14. Stanley1

Stanley1 New Member

so i don't get baned

yermom likes this.
  15. jreed13

jreed13 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

For someone to get their panties in a wad over internet message board spek is silly. To stalk that person is much worse. Imho you need to calm down and go get some help

16. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've always thought pussy was a funny word for some reason.

17. Stanley1

Stanley1 New Member

And to bring up a thread that is nearly a month old to neg somebody, WHEN YOUR SPEK IS TURNED OFF, isn't?

Whatever.

18. jreed13

jreed13 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You are getting this worked up over an internet message board spek system. Take a step back and look at yourself. wtf? I only turn on my spek about every month or so to check my spek messages. Thats why i went back and negged you for whining about spek and calling me a chicken **** pussy or whatever. Grow up.

19. BillyBall

BillyBall Well-Known Member

funny and fuzzy...

20. BoogercountySooner

BoogercountySooner New Member

I totally agree with the Random Drug test!! we have people running heavy machinery at my work and they need to be drug free. All the people at my work have to be drug tested randomly. I agree with this also. I am in management at my work and should be held to the same standards as the people that work under me. Pot and the like are illegal!! Whether anyone likes it or not people need to be held accountable for their actions! I drink a margarita from time to time and it is legal. When I go home my wife who doesn't ever drink drives. My point being is act responsible in your life.

I totaly agree with Stoup Troup drug test me every day if you want I will pass! Alot of the companies that drug test are paying very good wages to their employee's and should be able to know just how responsible and law abiding their employee's are! :)

jreed13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.