1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooner womens basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Monster Zero

Monster Zero Member

I think not. I think anytime something like that comes out of someone's keyboard it's also coming out of their heart. There's something wrong in there. Maybe it'll get better if he grows up someday.

2. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Hell I'd Hit most of em, I dont cull anymore. If they Ugly ya can turn em Face down.
    Oh and I dont wanta grow up cause
    [​IMG]

3. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

As much fun as it would be to go into how terrible of an example I'm setting for my infant daughter once again, let's call a spade a spade --- there's been a lot of sh!t talking to some SF.com that have questioned Britney Griner's femininity in the past by a certain poster. If Baylor and its fans don't like people commenting on Britney Griner's voice, appearance and everything else that isn't quite feminine, then Baylor has set themselves up for critique when the tables are turned.

So anyways, I am definitely going to make this a Baylor-free zone next year. Hell, I may even use my "moderator" status for the first time ever to enforce this policy. I am sooooo sick of ****ing Baylor and can't wait for the entire Big 12 to revenge them when their dunker's gone next season

4. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

It wasn't my point at all. Do you know how many times I've read **** about what Mulkey and/or Griner look like? I just figured that if looks were what everyone was so damned caught up with then I'd just start ranking them myself. Might as well because evidently discussions about Mulkey's looks/wardrobe and Griner's looks are far more important than an actual basketball discussion.

5. SicEmBaylor

It's like I'm living in bizzaro world. EVERY damned time someone mentions Baylor (Badger) it comes with a plethora of comments about Mulkey and Griner's looks. EVERY. DAMNED. TIME.

I never ever criticize the looks of players until that previous post. Some of you people truly disgust me with the **** you say about Mulkey and Griner and then you turn around and 'tsk tsk' my ranking post? I'm choking on the hypocrisy.

6. SicEmBaylor

So, you're going to abuse your mod powers just to get your way? Sweet, thanks for the warning!

7. badger

OK, that does it.

THIS THREAD IS NOW A BAYLOR-FREE ZONE.

Unless it directly relates to the Big 12 tournament, the Big 12's chances in the NCAA tournament, or OU playing Baylor, you are NOT allowed to discuss Baylor, its players, its fans, or its hideous new highlighter adidas mens uniforms.

VIOLATORS WILL BE SUBJECT TO PUNISHMENT.

First infraction: Warning.

Second infraction: Warning via neg spek message.

Third infraction: badger gets so fed up that she requests full mod status for the basketball board... and if approved, bad things will follow.

Fourth infraction: Eff it, I've already got carding status as a modador, might as well exercise it.

There will not be a fifth infraction.

This thread is for discussing the OU team. **** Baylor.

8. SicEmBaylor

That's just from the last couple of weeks.....

9. SicEmBaylor

Oh, okay...I pointed out your hypocrisy and you're shutting things down. Color me shocked.

10. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hey, there's a rowing regatta going on at the Oklahoma River this weekend. OU's squad looks pretty strong. Their toughest competition should be Minnesota from the Big1G. It should be entertaining and the team that shall not be named doesn't even have a rowing program. :D

11. MsProudSooner

MsProudSooner New Member

SicEm, this is an OU board, not a general basketball board. As an OU fan, I wouldn't expect fair administration from a Baylor Board. You shouldn't expect to be treated the same here as you would be on a Baylor Board or a general board that doesn't support a particular team.

12. SicEmBaylor

I expect to be able to defend our players and coaches when someone posts something idiotic and offensive. I'm a poster here just like everyone else. Do I expect everyone to agree with me? Certainly not, but I'll continue to defend us whenever I can.

13. olevetonahill

Hate to say it but Im with Sic on this. Since when CANT we Jack a thread and or Talk about Ugly assed wimmens?

14. badger

I think I've been more than fair.

The OU's team has had too good of a season to be associated with this Internet pettiness.

15. olevetonahill

Cant blame ya Bit bro. Hell look how much shat Lid spewed over the years and Nary a word hardly to him about it.

SicEmBaylor likes this.
  16. SicEmBaylor

Aside from that one photo, point to me when I've ever made fun of the looks of OU players. I have not. I have not and would not. Now go back through this thread and read all the petty statements directed at us to which I was simply responding.

Tell me which side is petty and who is degrading women's basketball in this thread. What you and others don't seem to understand is that attacking the looks of our coach and players degrades the game for the Sooners as much as it degrades us.

17. olevetonahill

Heh, I dont GAS about wimmens basketball hell Mens either , But I shore do like me an internet bitch/whine /slap fest

SicEmBaylor likes this.
  18. SicEmBaylor

And let me say one last thing, for the record.

As an OU fan, I have always tried to defend OU on Baylor boards or elsewhere whether it be in football, basketball, or other.

19. badger

OK, I gave myself a mandatory cooling off period. I don't really care to be an actual moderator of anything except vBookie, so before I go ballistic again, here are a few kindly requests:

1- This thread should primarily be about the OU womens basketball team.

2- This thread should do nothing to taint the inspiring, modestly successful season that the OU womens team has had this year.

3- Discussion of other teams, unless directly related to an OU game or the Big 12's chances in the postseason, should be kept to a minimum.

I have had these threads going for four seasons now and it pretty much started as posting nothing but Sherri Coale photos just to get more posters interested in the team. As such, there is going to be photo sharing and commenting on this thread. I can appreciate that.

However, I don't want mean spirited sh!t to plague the discussion. I will especially get p!ssy if it involves our own players. The coaches? They're well-paid and adults, so I'm sure they don't care about the Internet. Opponents? Some sh!t talk should be expected in the spirit of rivalry and competition. Too much is probably a bad reflection on the fanbase and should be avoided or dampened if it becomes too excessive.

As I was the one that started this thread, I have the right and ability to lock/close/delete the thread at anytime (remember a football forum thread entitled "delete me?") but I will only use that as a last resort

20. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I actually agree with you. Griner is great player. The Baylor coach is a great coach. If they were at OU we would be defending them like you do. But that is the nature of competition. Your opponents are always going to find fault with those that beat them in competition and I am suprised that you are suprised by that. Just be happy with their accomplishments on the court and don't worry about what fans of other teams say.