1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

James Hale - losing respect

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by landrun, Feb 3, 2014.

1. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

Well the OU 247sports site now says that Mixon is one of the top 5 players in the country ready to 'flip' to another school.

A couple of weeks ago, the site was hinting that Mixon was thinking about changing to UCLA.

Someone suggested they're publishing these stories to get more subscribers.

All I got to say is, if Mixon ends up at OU, I've lost a lot of respect for this guy. :miserable:

2. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I haven't respected him for a long time.

3. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Hale needs to stick to covering the team already at OU (and even then, he's questionable).

I have ZERO reason to think Mixon is going to sign anywhere but OU. He's already addressed the rumors once, so the service you're referring to is reaching for straws.

4. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The fact that Hale has respect from anyone at this stage is astonishing.

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Who the Hell is hale?

6. SoonerInFortSmith

SoonerInFortSmith New Member

I heard him in the radio recently saying how he would never post a false headline just to drum up business.

7. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

....I listened to the same interview and then that very night there were contrary headlines on his website....interesting

ss

8. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

James Hale is still alive?

9. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

@4/7 may be saying Mixon may flip but I have bever heard Hale personally say that.I don't use his pay site but listen to him almost dailly on KREF,never heard himsay a word about Mixon switching.,all I have heard him say is that Mixon is solid on OU.

10. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So it's his computer Hal that's saying it?

11. stoopified

You DO realize 24/7 is not just Hale,right? The National 24/7 guys are saying Mixon is wavering,Hale has not said this. In fact,I have heard him say exactly the opposite. He will be coming on air at 11,I will call and ask.

12. picasso

No I don't know that because I don't listen to any of them.

13. James Hale.. Sweet Jesus.

14. picasso

I do know where Hale lives, just down the road from my wife's Grandpa.
    He seems like a nice enough lad.

15. I've had my own personal dealings with the guy.. Haven't talked to him in years, so I cant say the caliber of person he is now... We argued over some Sooner draft picks until I realized I was the fool for even talking to him.

16. stoopified

Just got off the phone with James,it is exactly what I said,national 24/7 reporters including one he had on his radio show have been pushing this rumor and James has been saying there is nothing to it.

In fact James said he talked recently to Joe and his fanily and Joe was upset about these rumors and confirmed he would sign with OU. Now if Joe DOES flip,I guess that would create a credibility issue.I don't pay for any premium site because I think it is supid and a waste of money with so much info is out there for free.[IWhat I have heard from James on KREF over the last 5 years,he DOES know recruiting because he talks to these kids and their families.FWIW he thinks Quick,Parker,and Frisson will sign with OU.Deandre Clark? He has no idea.

17. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The problem has always been Hale's interviewing style. Yes, he talks to the kids, but he seems to come off as aggressive. In the past this has caused them to say anything to get him off the phone. That was one of the primary reasons that rivals overtook him in the early 2000s. Hale was trying to get info about OU, they were just trying to get info. This subtle difference caused them to have a huge advantage in accuracy over him. I really wish he hadn't jumped ship so many times, because the archives of him reporting on guys who can't say no (like Chijioke Onyenegecha and Donte Nicholson) is comedy gold.

18. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

haha! I can absolutely believe that.

19. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I am sure some players wish they could sign early so they could just enjoy their last semester/year at high school. Maybe it's time for early signing period in football? It would end a lot of speculation about verbals decommitting late

20. stoopified

I don't anything about people's personal beefs about James,anything about all that other stuff,what I do know is James does a good job of preicting who will sign with OU. I have meet the man on several occassions and personally I think he has a style I would refer to as smothering,that said It doesn't change the fact he knows OU redruiting better than anyone else I know.