1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 weekly game thread~

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by Soonerjeepman, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

Same score...T9

2. Sooner95

Final 2-0 ORU.

3. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

well crap, so much for the bats "waking up" during the last series and staying awake~

4. BoomerJack

BoomerJack New Member

Yep. Disappointing offensive effort. But you gotta hand it to the bullpen. They're doing very well; keeping games close.

5. Sooner95

Sooner's lead Pokes 8-3 T5

6. Sooner95

OU 8-4 T7

7. Sooners win!! 12-9 in 18 innings. Longest baseball in OU history.

8. Sooner95

Yea, I couldn't stay up for that one. Good stuff tho!

9. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

Got our *** kicked by WVU tonight. Thank god we brought Mike Anderson back into the conference. He is doing a great job with our hitters.

10. Sooner95

OU 5-3 winners today over WV. Game 3 tomorrow. We need it.

11. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

Sooners lose the series to a bad WVU team at home. Just watch our RPI plummet every day. Way too much talent on this team to put out this kind of performance. Cody Thomas has got to feel like he got effed over.

12. Sooner95

Well... @ TTech this weekend.

At this point we need to start winning series or it's going to be a short season.

13. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

we don't have that much talent honestly, but we should be better than this

14. Sooner95

Should yes.

9-5 loss tonight.

15. Sooner95

Got crushed yesterday 14-4, and are trailing today.

We are fading fast...

16. Sooner95

Another 14-4 RUN RULE loss.........

17. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The team has just really tanked lately. Maybe a reversal of fortunes....KCKCC, who my son signed with, was 5-15 and now are 32-18...

18. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

We have the players who were highly regarded in the baseball rankings. However, you have to actually coach the players when they get to school. I am not sure if that occoured when got the job or when he fired JG. I know he got in late, but he could have put a much better schedule than that. We are second to last in the Big 9. Yes, The Big 9. I didn't always like what SG did on the field, but I can tell you he would have never have let this happen. Yes, isn't it going to be great when when we let our batters do whatever they want to, Mike Anderson, doesn't it?

19. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

Our RPI came out today at 93. It will be almost virtually impossible for us to even get into the 40's by the end of the year.

20. colston15

colston15 New Member

We suck and it's kind of hard to believe.

I hated to see SG go, but I thought Hughes would be an all right replacement. After nearly a season, and yes our season will mercifully be over soon, I'm scared we're heading for a 4-5 year run of mediocrity or worse.

Nothing this staff has done, at least on the field, has impressed me. We're better at nothing and worse at everything. Our talent isn't great, but it's good enough to make the NCAA Tournament, which we won't be doing.