1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love Stoopsie but if he was still OUr head man would we have won in C-Bus ??

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by mjhurani, Sep 12, 2017.

1. mjhurani

mjhurani Member

Why or why not?

Personally I see this team having a certain moxy that they have not had in many years. I believe Lincoln and Ruffin have brought something in their new roles that was missing for a while from OUr program and our team.

Just my .01

2. echo101

echo101 Member

That's a good question. A part of me says we may have lost due to Mike not having defense ready. The other part of me says we win because Lincoln's offense with Baker scores enough to make up for the lack of effort with Mike's defense. Now with Stoops retired and Lincoln having full say AND Ruffin near I think Mike makes a better effort..knowing he's under the microscope. But I'll put it this way... I felt better about us winning this year with Lincoln in charge than I would have with Bob. Let's be honest.. we might love Bob and what he did for us but he had some shortcomings in some of the big games.

3. SoCalBigRed

SoCalBigRed Well-Known Member

oh wow... the forum works

4. mjhurani

mjhurani Member

Explain please.

5. echo101

echo101 Member

I just wish we had more posters here.. Need to find a way to drum up business.

6. mjhurani

mjhurani Member

got it. when i joined 13 years ago no doubt it was hopping compared to now. not sure what happened. i know OU football is still super popular. maybe there are simply too many distractions online these days or maybe there's another Sooner forum i don't know about?

7. echo101

echo101 Member

There are a few more forums. I actually started here in 2009 but forgot my information so recently had to start with a new username. Posters like being a part of the debate and if no one is posting you can hear the crickets.. and then total silence. I have no idea what it would take to bring things back to life but for sure I don't want to be here talking to myself.

8. SoCalBigRed

SoCalBigRed Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to post consistently on this forum, since I honestly don't know when?

Something was screwed up in the coding, so that I could log in... but there was no text field for me to enter a message. Sometimes I could quote another message, but I couldn't add any response.

Sent a few emails to admin, never received a response. A couple time the board came back and would work for a day, maybe a week. Then it went back to the same.

I knew I wasn't the only person it happened to, because this place went from a very active forum. As active as any I've ever been a member of... to being a grave yard.

Piware likes this.
  9. Piware

Piware Well-Known Member

I was a member for years but the transition to the new platform bounced me out to. I finally got my password re-set but pretty surprised at how many "old timers" are not around anymore.

SoCalBigRed likes this.
  10. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We would’ve won that game but may have lost to Baylor ... let’s not act like Bob isn’t great at revenge games... that game Saturday made me think of those games we lose in a season then we turn around and rack up a bunch of straight wins ... I’m just glad we escaped. It will be a teaching moment rather than a loss as usual that makes the team wake up

11. echo101

echo101 Member

Piware.... I started here a few years ago with a different username. I didn't post much. Came back a few weeks ago. Couldn't remember my username so had to create a new one. A few days ago I saw an old message that had my old username and password. Decided to just let it go and stay with this one.. I was Okiemofo or Okiebuzzsaw, I just forgot again. Doesn't matter.

12. SoonerinSouthlake

SoonerinSouthlake Well-Known Member

Sad to see it so quiet on this board. I feel like Im at a abandoned shopping mall.
    Yes I believe we'd have won with Bob still in charge. But I would agree with anyone who said this team has a new swagger that had been missing for some time.

13. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

One thing is for sure, Stoops sure as HELL wouldn't have lost to a 30 point underdog at home! Or did he ever do that? :)