1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good omen...

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by rock on sooner, Apr 2, 2016.

1. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

50th anniversary of TX Western beating KY in the championship game...the
    center....David Lattin...grandfather of Khadeem...NCAA is to honor that team
    this weekend....I hope like crazy Khadeem blocks and dunks but does not
    shoot midrange jumpers (unless, of course, he gets HOT!). First ever champ
    for the Sooners....gotta a good feeling....Boomer!

soonersweetie likes this.
  2. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Did not know that about Lattin. Epic.

3. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I hope the team isn't looking past Villlanova!

4. rock on sooner

Me, too! Just too coincidental...just maybe....

5. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Looking past a team that made the final 4 and knocked off the overall #1 seed (and they're favored, BTW)? Silly talk.

6. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

Are these the OU radio guys on the OU Team Stream on TBS or TNT, the opposite of the main stream?

It looks like Nova is getting a 2nd chances and we're trying to be too cute getting the ball inside, plus on that missed bunny at the start of the game, the reply showed the Nova defender hacked the hell out of our guy's wrist. The zebras ""ain't doing us any favors so far, imo. It also looks like their gameplan is to try and steal the ball from our guards by doubling and tripling down when our guards drive.

Man, this BB court in a FB stadium isn't bothering Nova's shooting. 11-0 run with a lot of gimmes inside.

7. rock on sooner

Hard to believe that 'Nova can shoot 60%+ in the 2nd half...and remember
    that last time Buddy had 7 points in the first half he went off for 29 in the
    second....

8. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Game Over but very good season. I thought they may have the juice to get there but their flaws caught up to them.

9. BoulderSooner79

Agree 100%. I thought OU was lucky to hang onto a #2 seed after the last few weeks of the season and incredibly lucky to get the western regional. Both the #1 (Oregon) and #3(aTm) seeds were suspect and we got to play the first 2 in OKC.

Great season and very entertaining watching Buddy. Making the final 4 in hoops is a big deal.

10. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Hope this doesn't become OU vs Clemson where they get embarrassed

11. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

Live by the 3 and die by the 3. Got no complaints with our hustle and effort. They're just getting all the bounces and around the rim rolls and we're not making jack. Should've sacrificed a live chicken in the Bahamas instead of going for Kentucky Fried, I guess. Only 41 pts thru 3/4 really sucks.

12. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Worst fear, they are getting embarrassed

13. rock on sooner

So much for my "good omen"....never in my worst nightmare would I believe
    the ENTIRE team go cold...can't even really bitch about some bad calls...how
    can one team shoot 70% for an entire game?

Absolutely still LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Sooners!!!!!!!!

14. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

This is hard to watch in my 25+ years of watching NCAA Tournament basketball this is the worst performance I've ever seen. My friends who typically give me grief for being an OU fan are leaving me alone because this is so pathetic.

15. tooslow

tooslow Active Member

*sigh* Can't believe it ended like this. Never thought the score would be that bad in a loss. Still proud of the team. They did better than I thought they would. With the way they finished the season, I didn't think they'd make the final four. Boomer!!!

16. BoulderSooner79

I guess it was a good omen - those eastern wienies couldn't even double us up!

17. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

WOW! Shockingly bad!

18. SoCalBigRed

SoCalBigRed Well-Known Member

Glad I don't have cable.

I missed the 1988 Championship game, on a train to bootcamp. Took me this long to recover and get really excited for OU basketball again.

Oh well...

19. BoulderSooner79

We'll field a good football team in 5 months. In the meantime, I'm riding my bicycle and enjoying summer.

20. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Hopefully but see the same issues. Lon will have his work cut out for him replacing what the team lost in Spangler, Cousins & Hield but for the love of god teach these guys to take care of the ball.