1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kirk Heirbstreit is awfully high on the Sooners...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Landthief 1972, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Landthief 1972

Landthief 1972 New Member

Okie35 likes this.
  2. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I was just about to post this... He also picked Ohio state to repeat no surprise. I mean he's a homer but it does hold weight with them repeating. Him saying we will win the conference and go to the playoff takes us from under the radar. I don't like it. When we aren't supposed to be "world beaters" we usually are. That doesn't make us underrated now that he announced this.

3. BermudaSooner

BermudaSooner Well-Known Member

We are still underrated. I'm glad somebody believes--most of you guys expect us to lose 4-5 games.

4. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

I'm cautiously optimistic. Last season we had too many breakdowns to just forget, but I'm trying!

I sure hope he's right! Booomer!

5. Pride1Mom

Pride1Mom Member

OU always has the talent, but what I saw last year were quitters. When the stars went down no one else came up to the plate. I know Shepard and Perine were special, but someone should have shown extra effort!

6. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

Last season, we also had a very veteran offensive line with four seniors. It was wasted by poor quarterbacking and the lack of any receiver not named Sterling Shepherd being able to step up at game time.

(Tight end? E.T. phone home?)

I expect us to be a very Texas Tech/West Virginia-like seven to nine wins and another off-brand bowl game. Waiting for the athletic department to officially add black to the uniform to look as much like Tech as we act like them. Just sitting at the edge of my seating expecting a gray or black OU helmet to appear in the not so distant future at this point.

7. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

THIS! And, this goes to coaching and leadership.

8. Okie35

I expect to win 10 if not 11 games. TCU and maybe OSO is all I'm worried about

9. Okie35

Thanks for emphasizing the TE. I've been so distraught these last few years by us not using the TE as a weapon besides blocking. I think with Riley's new system the offense will get back to exploiting defenses with that now. We do have a potential stud at TE now too.

10. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

.....I wonder since he and Stoops are friends that he's not getting a little info or insight into the thoughts or pulse of Stoops regarding the makeup and ability of this squad....maybe Bob has that 2000 feeling again

ss

11. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Screw it I put money on US to win it all at 35 to 1 odds
    Im still happy with that Bet!

12. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I still have nightmares of the bu game.....8 yard button ....8 yard button...8 yard button...TD

oupride likes this.
  13. soonergirlNeugene

soonergirlNeugene New Member

Bleh. I got my hopes up last year. This year I expect nothing.

oupride likes this.
  14. soonerpat

soonerpat New Member

I've watched some of the replays of last year's losses. We were close several times, but one consistent failure was the secondary. This is a bigger question to me than the quarterback. Will the defense give up either the short 5-8 yard pass or the 50 yard TD with an awful consistency or is that fixed?

oupride likes this.
  15. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Icaught just the tail end of ESPN's Big 10 preview.At the end of the show they picked their FINAL FOUR. I swear I heard one of them say Oklahoma... but I could have misheard.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015