1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Austin Kendall QB North Carolina #27 for 2016

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!, Apr 7, 2015.

1. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  2. jdsooner

jdsooner New Member

Very good news! Welcome to the Sooner Nation, Austin Kendall.

3. Since71ASooner4Life

Since71ASooner4Life Active Member

Wow, our highest ranked QB prospect in many years, and nobody seems too excited about him, or the fact that our new OC is who got him

4. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

My excitement is tempered because even though I follow recruiting closely and with considerable interest, and this is obviously an awesome get, I'm to the point we could land the far and away #1 class in the country and I'd still be skeptical of the likely on-field results.

5. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Sad but true. Hard to be TRULY optimistic.

6. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Here comes the co-thief of joy!

7. Curly Bill

Glad I have the power to temper your enthusiasm. You shouldn't give other people that much control over you.

8. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

8-5 just last year, Mike continuing to look foolish and screwing upthe defense, losing 3 of the last 4 games to the effing baylor bears, the fiasco in the cotton bowl vs the johnny hymens, and last year's clemson no-show game...enough to temper one's enthusiasm.

Curly Bill likes this.
  9. Eielson

You don't. I store your opinions away with TDTW's.

10. Curly Bill

So, in actuality you tried too hard to make a point and came across as looking foolish then?

Seems to be an ongoing problem of yours.

11. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

let's not forget off the field antics as well :D

12. Eielson

Wrong again.

13. Since71ASooner4Life

Since71ASooner4Life Active Member

The fact is our recruiting rankings have fallen out of elite status for a number of years. It's been debated here what the real significance of that is, and I have yet to be convinced that it doesn't correlate to our non elite on field performance.

Let's get some classes with a few 5-stars for a few years running and let the debate be settled on the field.

If this new OC is getting us kids high on that Top 100 list like we used to I'm ready to throw a freekin party

14. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

#27 guy in the country is supoib. Last year Joe Mixon was someone like that. Of course, one per year doesn't get us enough talent to compete for the top.

15. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Saw the young 'un on ESPN Recruiting show today....just a kid already
    shoved into the spotlight.....committed to TN first then decommitted and
    then committed to OU...scared stiff in front of the camera...hard to believe
    that parents/coaches would let him do that...sure hope he gets some coaching
    on how to speak in complete sentences! Yeah, I know he's just a kid but some
    adults should get a spanking for letting him do that interview....imo...

16. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

The problem is we've never had classes with a few 5-star players for a few years running. That's a fairly common misconception of the "good old days". No question that we've had better classes in the past, they just weren't loaded with 5 star recruits, and they weren't year after year.

I look at Baylor and TCU, both teams that were among the elite last year, and if you look at the classes they've had that made up those teams, none of them were elite by any stretch.

I think it's more about what happens with the players we do get. That hasn't been a strong point in recent years, but it was at one time. I really hope we're getting back to that.

17. Michaeltug

Michaeltug Member

18. AaronCrelp

AaronCrelp Member

19. Michaeltug

Michaeltug Member

20. Michaeltug

Michaeltug Member