1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WVU Might Be For Real

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Eielson, Sep 13, 2014.

1. soonergirlNeugene

soonergirlNeugene New Member

Since their performance in week 1, I've been more concerned about this game than Tennessee.

2. pb4ou

pb4ou Moderator

yeah, I was there working security. I moved the barrier so the emt driver could go out to the field. About five minutes later he passed by with him. Then another 10-15 minutes, he went by on a golf cart. I don't think he returned. Looked like a foot or ankle injury.

3. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah. I think they might be for real.

4. PhiDeltBeers

PhiDeltBeers Finding the apex

WVU has a pretty solid team. Best 2 loss team in the country for sure. :)

soonergirlNeugene likes this.
  5. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

West Virginia is going to be one of those schools that's a pain in the *** every season. Going to Morgantown is going to be a battle every time. They're some scrappy bastards.

6. BlownGP

BlownGP Member

Well we beat them good tonight but barley won last year and the year before that. So you be the judge...

With that said, there not a bad team and I knew if we stuck to the run. They would fold...

7. Piware

Piware Well-Known Member

That was a little scary.

8. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/gametracker/teamstats/NCAAF_20140920_OKLA@WVU

We had 514 to yards but W Va had 511 total yards, and ran 87 plays to our 82. We had over 300 yards rushing though. They had 374 yards passing. I think this offers a teaching moment in the off week for our D. Both teams had over a hundred yards in penalties. Outside of Samje, F'ugly game. But a Win is ..........

9. Eielson

Not really.

10. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Everyone was picking WVU to upset OU. Sooners come away with a double-digit win, I'd say Oklahoma "beat them good tonight."

11. soonergirlNeugene

After that game I care more about beating them than how good it was.

12. Dallas

Dallas New Member

It was exhausting was what it was. :nevreness: Fun as hell though. I love that atmosphere in Morgantown. One of my best buddies married a huge WVU alum and moved back there (sorry Rich) and they go to the game every year. He just sits in the stands and smiles after the win. He says it is one hell of a place to go to a football game. That place is ROCKIN when Oklahoma comes to play.

Great game tonight.

13. Dallas

Dallas New Member

Facebook Oklahoma nation was OFFENDED tonight after people started picking Oklahoma to lose. I am glad they put it to them on the ground for the whole nation to see.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  14. Eielson

We had a great second half, but 45-33 is no beatdown. It was 31-27 over 40 minutes into the game, and we got outplayed for the first half.

15. BlownGP

BlownGP Member

Who cares about the Stats.. Trickett through for 365 against bama..Almost 400 total..
    We werent going to stop them and it would be tough to get to Trickett since he gets rid of the ball quick. Putting a secondary in coverage longer and with a hurt sanchez it cost some TDs..

I will agree the penalties that gave them a TD was BS though... I was pissed about that..

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  16. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I disagree - the 24-24 tie was not deceptive - it was evenly played in the first half. Special teams is just as much part of the game as offense and defense. We throttled them in the 2nd half and only gave up 3 points while the outcome was still in doubt. That last TD was garbage time and the guys clearly let up the intensity.

Comparing common opponents, we compared very well to how 'Bama played them. And we played them in their house vs. a neutral field. Bama needed WVU to drop several passes at critical times and I can only remember 1 drop against us. Both teams eventually won by pounding it on the ground, but I felt OU was in more control of the game than Bama was down the stretch.

17. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

Not by a long shot. Same ol WVU.

18. soonergirlNeugene

So who do you think was the tougher matchup? Tennessee or West Virginny? I'm having a hard time making up my mind. Being fairly drunk has not helped w/ that.

19. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'd say WVU because of their dangerous skill players. You can outplay them 9/10 plays and that 1 play might go for 6. We could not have run like that against the Vols, but they were lucky to get 10 points against our D.

20. BlownGP

BlownGP Member

Agree that last TD was on some prevent D...Either way good game