1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Football commits: Finalized

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by 8timechamps, Jan 13, 2014.

1. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: 2015 Football verbal commits: Updated 6/8/2014

Every season we field good players from Texas so I would dare say we recruit Texas fairly well.
    We can't offer 100 scholarships like dem good ole days.

2. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I don't know why some fans get so excited over this. I am always interested to know what's going on, and happy when a kid gives a verbal commit to OU, but like you said, I don't hook the horses up to the cart until NSD is over.

In Anderson's case, I feel as strong as I ever have that he will in fact be a Sooner on National Signing Day. He realized he made a knee jerk reaction when he committed to the horn frogs, and de-committed. He took time to see some other schools, and he kept coming back to OU as the place he felt the best. Once his parents visited (last weekend), they were very comfortable with OU, and the rest is history (for now at least). In general though, most of the kids that commit verbablly end up signing, so there is enough of a correlation to get some excitement out of it. As long as it's cautious optimism.

3. LakeRat

LakeRat New Member

Am I the only one concerned we only have 6 commits?

4. 8timechamps

We have 11, I just haven't updated this post. I'll get to it over the weekend sometime.

5. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hey 8 time...know we picked a DB and Line (juco) this past weekend...guess some others are high on OU..any thoughts would be appreciated.

6. 8timechamps

FINALLY got the thread updated - sorry it took so long, I'll try to be a little more punctual.

Solid commitment. This kid is sort of a product of LaColton Bester, not that Bester recruited him, but he's from the same community college, and OU has done a good job getting in there. A big tackle, that can come in an contribute right away (in an area of need next year). He committed to Louisiana-Monroe out of high school, but didn't qualify. He's spent the last two years developing his game, and is quite a bit better than he was out of high school. He had offers from:

Cincinnati
    Florida
    Kansas
    Louisiana-Lafayette
    Louisville
    LSU
    Memphis
    Mississippi State
    Missouri
    South Florida
    Virginia Tech

...and about half a dozen mid majors. Being able to get him out of Mississippi was kind of amazing (MSU was hard after the kid), and keeping him out of the hands of LSU was also a win for OU. He's got really good feet for a guy with his frame, and can be a road grader if needed. He'll fit the system well.

7. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

8. LakeRat

LakeRat New Member

Re: 2015 Football verbal commits: Updated 9/18/2014

Good read

9. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: 2015 Football verbal commits: Updated 11/23/2014

Dede Westbrook, wr out of blinn committed to us. Looks like a speedy guy.

10. 8timechamps

Re: 2015 Football verbal commits: Updated 12/17/2014

3 JUCO players signed letters of intent today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: 2015 Football verbal commits: Updated 12/17/2014

got DeBerry

12. 8timechamps

Re: 2015 Football verbal commits: Updated 12/19/2014

HUGE day today.

Picked up DeBerry and Kahlil Haughton.

Two very good players. DeBerry could challenge for a spot as a true freshman.

13. 8timechamps

Re: 2015 Football verbal commits: Updated 12/21/2014

3 star DE Tyrell Jacobs decommitted from OU today.

14. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

Re: 2015 Football verbal commits: Updated 12/21/2014

I like JUCO"s....

15. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

Re: 2015 Football verbal commits: Updated 1/6/2015

John Humphrey signed today.

[​IMG]

16. cvsooner

Humphrey was recruited by Norvell and Tim Kish. Take that for what it's worth.

17. cherokeebrewer

cherokeebrewer New Member

Humphrey already said he's still solid to OU.

18. cvsooner

Humphrey is clearly a man of his word.

Also Bobby Evans OT signed today, apparently.

19. 8timechamps

I made a list (somewhere on the football board) of the mid-year enrollees. Evans was on the list.

With the "new" early financial agreement signing the NCAA allows, a recruit can sign the financial aid agreement with the school before he's arrived. It's a non-binding agreement, and it doesn't lock a kid into a school (like what they sign on national signing day), but it allows the school to start the financial aid process and help the kid before he gets to campus. The real added benefit is that once the form is signed, there are no restrictions on when and how often a coach can communicate with the recruit.

20. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: 2015 Football verbal commits: Updated 1/18/2015

I see Oklahoma is listed in the top 5 of LB John Houston (5-star and #30 on Rivals) out of Gardena, CA. His other top 5 schools being Arizona St, Miami, Oregon and USC. It would be nice to get one fiver in the class, no matter what happens down the road.