1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bedlem..round 2

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Soonerjeepman, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bedlam..round 2

round 2,

Good - smart out

Bad - osu hurting...they'll be ready to fight...
    - ou lost 3/4 not shooting well

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  2. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Crucial game. If we drop this one and the KSU one, we're probably not NCAA-bound, and I didn't think there was anyway I'd be saying that a week or two ago. Losing to TT at home confirms that there is no such thing as an easy win for us.

3. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

Yes, we need this one. Osu is down right now so we need to get this road win.

I still think we are in tourney, but slipping seed spots daily it seems...

4. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

If we win today we are at least back on track win-loss wise and makes a path to the NCAA a little clearer. I think if we finish 10-8 or better in conference that an NCAA slot is pretty much assured since the Big 12 has a high RPI rating. If we finish 9-9 then maybe, but it could be a roll of the dice. The upcoming games that I had mentally penciled in at the start of the conference season as wins are looking a little more iffy now.

5. Temujin

Temujin New Member

I can't wait to see Badger's meltdown if we win today. There are sure to be some excellent insults directed at the cheerleaders, fans, refs, players, players parents, and so on.

6. Temujin

Temujin New Member

So Neal gets smacked in the eye and he's "acting"? Even Fraschilla called BS on that statement.

7. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Why wait? Op.com has been melting down since december's football loss ;) pick any thread on there right now and prepare to laugh

8. badger

Forgive them, they're used to Marcus smart acting

9. Temujin

Temujin New Member

Lunardi has us as a #7 seed. I'd much rather be a #5 or #6 if we're hoping to see the Sweet 16 this year. I just wish we wouldn't play badly against weak teams so much. We show up quite nicely against good/talented teams, but against WVU/TT/TCU, we just look sloppy.

10. Temujin

Temujin New Member

Ha! Good point!

11. SoonerBBall

SoonerBBall Well-Known Member

Man, the reffing is already god damn terrible in this game. Our guys are getting mugged when they drive with no calls, Nash and Martin are continuously over Spangler's back for rebounds, and they are calling continuation fouls for the OSU players. You have got to be kidding me.

12. Temujin

Temujin New Member

Meh, that's just the way they call the game anymore. Playing actual defense is against the rules. It is what it is, but the one that irritated me was when Fartay flailed into the lane and threw up a prayer. No one touched him, but they called a foul on Spangler. The refs are so used to calling fouls on every possession that they just blow the whistle any time an offensive player goes up, regardless of whether they were touched or not.

13. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I just turned the game on. It not fun watching the aggy venue and the aggy fans and their aggy team trying to beat the beloved Sooners. I think what I dislike about basketball the most is that the non-Sooners are on offense far too much.

14. badger

Yes I wish basketball had onside kick option so that ok last would never have the ball

I think we are good so long as refs don't tweet too much

Ps: tv is espn2 if you all seek to watch. Drinking game: one drink per boo at refs, two drinks for every mention of smart/Orr incident, spit drink out when you see Travis ford's jacket the first time, finish drink when osu fans start filing out due to lopsided score

15. Temujin

Temujin New Member

I smell some excellent home-cooking.

16. Sooner95

Back to Back treys. lets get going Sooners!!

17. Temujin

Temujin New Member

So...Williams comes out on the other side of the rim untouched, flings the ball up toward the rim, misses, OU rebounds, and it's a foul on OU? Awesome.

18. Sooner95

Bull**** call...

19. Temujin

Temujin New Member

Wow, Nash taking lessons from Smart.

20. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Back to back bad possessions by the zebras at a crucial time. Nothing new, though. Officiating has been sorry for years in Stillwater. It's the worst place to play in the conference.