1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deondre Clark to LSU

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by jdsooner, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

There are still some people in this thread talking about letters not being sent or Stoops rejecting the letter if he receives it. You even threw out the hypothetical of "even in the off change he lands at OU". My point is, none of that is going to happen because his letter is already signed sealed and delivered to LSU.

2. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I was just using Clark as a hypothetical. Just saying if a player insists on theatricals at signing time, it's no big deal. As 8times points out, it wouldn't stop the coaches from taking him and it wouldn't stop the fans from liking him if he turns out to be a good team member. It may seem silly (and annoying) to us, but it's an important moment in these kids lives and almost meaningless in the grand scheme of a 4-5 year career.

3. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I completely agree about Clark, but you just never know anymore.

Remember last year, the kid that committed to Notre Dame (Vanderdoes, I think), sent in his letter, then decided he really wanted to play for UCLA? Brian Kelly wasn't going to let him out of his LOI, but ended up succumbing to public pressure. I think that kind of things happens a couple of times a year.

4. NorthernIowaSooner

NorthernIowaSooner New Member

I agree, it may be the one chance he gets for the spotlight, nothing is guaranteed when he gets to where he's going. That being said I think it is very poor practice to announce his college "choice" after he has already committed to LSU and simply needs to sign and send the letter (or perhaps he already has).

The "choice" is not really to choose a school but to selfishly garner any possible attention he can. I think someone around him should've had a better head on their shoulders here.

5. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I can't blame a kid for wanting the "Ceremony" that comes with signing. It just happens that Clark hasn't been able to do that with the weather.

Just about all of our incoming guys had an "announcement" ceremony, and a few (Quick, Frison & Brown) didn't even announce where they were going until signing day.

Of coure you also have guys like Alex Dalton and Mark Andrews that signed their letter in their coaches office with nobody around. Still, I can't fault a kid for wanting a day in the sun. Unfortunately, for some, they will be shocked when they realize that once the letter is received, it's not about them anymore.

6. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

From NewsOK:

If anyone could please go to Deondre's signing day and swipe that OU cap right off the table so that he can stop dicking around with people, that would be great. If they also want to steal the LSU cap and replace it with a dunce cap, that would also be awesome.

It would further be awesome if Stevie Clark waddled into his little bro's big day simultaneously drunk and high wearing OSU gear

7. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

You left off....."And whip it out"....!!!!

8. badger

Oh yes, he could have someone drive a ****ing car through the gym and he could spray everyone in attendance. Wasn't that worth the wait, folks? You waited till Monday to get ****ed off. Bwahahahahahahahahahahalameiknowsorry

9. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Clark can be happy now that he wasn't denied his theatrics. I miss the days when players just played ball. Remember when a guy like Barry Sanders would make moves, break a few tackles, score a touchdown and just casually hand the ball the the ref?
    Clark just sent a fax and wants to make sure the media is alerted.

10. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

Mike Stoops should go in and swipe the OU cap off the table and say, "Sorry you weren't good enough to wear this one."

11. badger

We dodged a bullet. He's trying to get big bro Stevie in at LSU reportedly.

To further confirm how much of a bullet we dodged by missing this one, an Oklahoman reported tweeted a photo of him and his family arriving today -- almost a week after signing day --- to high school in a stretch limo for his big announcement.
    [​IMG]

12. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Wow! Look at all the media and paparazzi around to catch the big moment! Bahahahahaha!

13. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

what an a$$. I'm sorry but it's the mentally of the kids these days...everyone wants the attention. I'm sure he's already deciding what to wear on draft day.

I'm pretty sure if my son was that big of a commit he wouldn't pull that crap. I don't have a problem of a pic or two of the kid signing with his parents and coaches. I'm just guessing but maybe some of the hype is on the coaches as well..they want the press that they had a part in this or that kid's success.

14. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

Isn't that the same thing???

15. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is that Lester wearing a youth medium limo driver hat?

jdsooner likes this.
  16. jdsooner

jdsooner New Member

I wonder if Stevie was rolling joints or urinating out of the limo? I really think that if our coaches had made an effort to find big brother a place in Norman that we would not have lost this recruit. Stoops needs to step up and go after players like this who will add integrity to the program.

17. SoonerGM

SoonerGM New Member

why bother rolling up in a limo... and then stepping out in sweats and a hoody?

nevermind, i see he had a suit underneath.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  18. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

I completely forgot he was announcing yesterday. Man, this kid is something else. He apparently treated this announcement like he was on NFL draft day. I hope his career sputters out as a bust. Whatever happened to humility in athletes?

19. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Went out the door when we started awarding every loser a trophy, and telling em how great and wonderful they are - you know for their delicate self-esteem.

That's one of many reason actually, but this one is a pet peeve of mine.

Ruf/Nek7 likes this.
  20. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He missed the bus and didn't want to be late for school. Not his fault that a passing limo driver saw him and offered him a ride since it was on the way . . .