1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deondre Clark to LSU

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by jdsooner, Feb 5, 2014.

1. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The kid has been a verbal for LSU for a while and stuck with it. I see no issue with that.

2. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yep. I never saw him as being a sooner. I think we are in good shape at de for a few years so I'm not bothered by deondre honoring his commitment. I'm very pleased with where we are going with our soph and frosh going forward. Can't sign em all. Frison, brown Jr ,quick, and parker make up for losing him and then some. Next few years are gonna rock. Let the playoffs begin!

3. oudanny

oudanny New Member

Best of luck to him. Now let's move on and talk about the guys that want to be here.

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Ruh roh, OKC area schools are closed for weather yet again today!

Deondre and mom: We are going to announce on Friday! Please stay off the Internet until then so the surprise isn't spoiled!

5. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Deondre's going to announce to the least enthusiastic crowd ever. Give it another few days, and it might be nothing but crickets in attendance.

6. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sheesh. Embarrassing.

7. badger

His big brother doesn't have anything to do, he can be in attendance

EDIT: On the oft chance he changes his mind and attends OU, you are all free to neg me into the deep red territory

8. jdsooner

jdsooner New Member

Who posted this inaccurate thread? It was me! This morning the report is that he will not announce until Monday!!

9. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Very anticlimactic and egotistical at this point. Just send in the damn letter already. Feels like he's holding out

10. badger

Deondre: Soooo...what can you offer my brother Stevie?

Once again, neg me to hell if he comes to OU

11. BoulderSooner79

If anyone negs Badger, they deserved to be bained!

12. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

That's baned. Pfft. Philistine.

:biggrin:

13. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We live in the latter days of The Law.

14. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

I wonder at this point if Stoops would pull his offer....or refuse to accept the letter once it arrives. Don't need the drama. Clark seems to be in a 'how bad do you want me?' mode. Noticed he posted on Twitter he wasn't happy about the negative tweets he's getting about not coming to OU. Wah.

15. BoulderSooner79

I'm sure all those LSU fans are still waiting with worms in their mouths for the Clark LOI. (No one explained "bated breath" to them.)

16. badger

I dare someone to tweet "LEFTRIGHTLEFTRIGHT SIT DOWN!" to him in dishonor of his big bro's final OSU road game :stunned:

Once again, I'm entirely out of line if he's a Sooner and not a Tiger. If he's a Tiger, then he'll get that sh!t from everyone, his own Cajun fanbase included

17. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Nope, he'd take him in a heartbeat.

The drama is often times hyped to be much bigger than it really is, and in this case, social media has made it worse.

We've had kids go through similar things and end up at OU in the past, and in the end how a kid acts on social media doesn't reflect what kind of player/teammate he will be, and I think that's the case here.

The bottom line is he is 18 years old and feels pulled between two places. What's really sad are the fan comments on his Twitter page.

In any event, he's going to end up at LSU, and by the start of the season we won't even remember this.

18. BoulderSooner79

Even in the off chance he lands at OU, this would be a distant memory.

19. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Folks, he's not going to OU. LSU already has his signed NLI. It's over. OU has moved on - everyone here should too.

20. BoulderSooner79

No one thinks he lands at OU. The latest posts have been more about player behavior and ego in general.