1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013-14 College basketball meltdowns

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Nov 13, 2013.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

OK FIRST 88, OKLAST 76
    [​IMG]
    Halftime over, and UO Gooner only up 8, so OP definitely won't melt down and No. 8 OSU will definitely pull this off, right? Tune in next time unless baby baj's nap ends an hour early

2. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

ROTFLMAO! That's nearly as awesome as the cap guns you'd hear go off in LNC when Stipanovich was introduced.

3. badger

88-76
    [​IMG]
    (we are joining OP meltdown already in progress, at the beginning of the second half...)
    i can't believe i still have 20 pages of this sh1t to wade through... if OP doesn't burst at the seams or my internet connection dies or something weird, tune in for the thrilling conclusion of "JUST LIKE FOOTBALL"

4. badger

JUST LIKE FOOTBALL
    [​IMG]
    i'm done. hope you all enjoyed
    PS: If you want to see if this truly was "just like football," check out 33-24 here.

PPS: I forgot to nominate a "best of" post, so I just did. I would buy that Poke a beer for his LeBryan Nash post, but I'd be afraid he would try to drown himself in it :stunned:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  5. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

"You guys are skipping the successes that Ford has had. He was able to take one and done Nash and make him into a 4 year starter!"

Props to that poster!

6. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

what amazes me is their fan base is just as "classy" as OU fans but they say that crap...throwing turkey legs at our football team? short memories...

also wanted to add, read the comments by the players and coaches...after coaching HS ball it's amazing how many "fans" don't understand things. Yes there are going to be blown calls, ON BOTH SIDES, but Ford and several players had no problems with the calls, they knew they weren't in position therefor getting called...simple as that.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  7. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

"I like how they never mentioned the wrestling series" is the aggiest thing in there, although it is all they can hang their 20 gallon hats on.

8. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

It's called INFERIORITY COMPLEX! They are dripping in it!!!

9. badger

I love that the basketball forum is starting to get more traffic, so I am going to reward you... rather, Baylor is going to reward you by losing yet again... to BF.com!

West Virginia 66, Baylor 64
    [​IMG]
    Can you believe that they are only at halftime at this point? More Baylol sh1t later

10. badger

WVU wins, Baylol (cont'd)
    [​IMG]
    good note to end on i think haha baylor

11. badger

one more just for fun...
    Kansas State 66, Texas Tech 58
    [​IMG]

12. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

Just what I told my wife when it was over. Exact same score, & in both games, they canned a 3 that didn't count just after the final buzzer. Almost eerie.

13. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Whats the story about Meeks? Sounds hilarious.

14. Temujin

Temujin New Member

Holy crap that OSU stuff was premium grade, LOL! No fanbase emits the "woe is me" vibe quite like OSU fans, haha! My favorite thing about that fanbase, though, is how the opponent's <coach/players/fans/cheerleaders/mascots/etc> are all <insert derogatory term here>. They can't lose with any measure of grace at all. Then again, when you're that pathetic, and the team you pour your heart and soul into is that pathetic...I suppose behaving like that is just a way to vent the pain of being a consistent loser. Hilarious stuff, though. :)

Piware likes this.
  15. badger

Was it something I posted? I'm usually not that tuned in with what I'm copying and pasting, I'm just going through the motions sometimes... or laughing too hard at the crap these losing fans come up with.

Speaking of losing fans...
    Kansas 92, Iowa State 81
    [​IMG]

16. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What's so funny...I was watching ku/? last Sat night..tcu maybe...with a ku fan, neighbor. EVERY time a ku kid got bumped he yell FOUL....I just sat there with a smirk on my face. Some of them are very delusional about what a foul is and isn't. Kind of like the pokes. I usually don't argue about too many calls...mainly because I'm watching on TV.

17. Temujin

Temujin New Member

LOL, that's a Kansas thing apparently. KU fans and KSU fans do that all the time.

I will say, though, that officiating at the college level is pretty bad. They're just now emphasizing the principle of verticality, and that's been a "rule" in the book since the beginning of basketball. Yet they're still terrible at recognizing when a foul is a foul and when it isn't.

Of course, it doesn't help either when they change the rules - like with this new charging/blocking rule. I'll never understand why people change rules when it has no impact on the game...except to confuse people on what a foul is. Unless it improves the game significantly, leave the damn rules alone.

18. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Officiating at all levels is pretty bad.....

19. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

They didn't change the rules this year. Just supposed to call it as it is written in the rules. Out front, I think they've made some progress. Down low, not so much. It's going to take a few seasons to change the mindset of trying to have a football game on a basketball court. Hopefully, they maintain patience and don't return to the game as it's been played the last 10-15 years. It took years to get to the point it was and will take time (probably a few years), to be where they want it to be. I'm afraid during the tourney, as they always do, will revert to the extreme physical game again.

20. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Clone fan nailed it there.