1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone watching the KSU/Baylor game on Fox?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by aurorasooner, Oct 12, 2013.

1. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

6:54 left in the 3rd and KSU just scored to pull to within 2. Going for 2 to try and tie it. They just missed the 2 point, so it's 21 to 19 Baylor.

2. SoonerShay

SoonerShay New Member

They got the ball back on a crazy strip fumble play. Bryce Petty is no RG3 when running with the ball. Stopping Baylors explosive plays and keeping them off the field seems to be working. KSU has a joke of an offense too, yet Baylor is having trouble stopping them consistently.

Baylor has never been the hunted

3. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The Baylor offense is predicated on the over the top homerun ball, if you can limit their explosive plays for the most part you have a chance. On defense they are average, the ball control offense that KSU is running is probably the best type of offense (and defense) you can have.

4. SoonerShay

SoonerShay New Member

KSU just went on top 25 to 21 in the 3rd quarter, but they keep missing the 2 point conversions.

5. aurorasooner

Well Snyder has proven over and over he's strictly a football coach and not a home decorator.
    Not sure KSU can win it, but at least he's keeping it close and giving them a chance.

6. bluedogok

You can't let their receivers have a free release off the line, every big play they have had is the result of a free release and the speed of the receiver blowing past the corner.

7. aurorasooner

geez, how in the frick do other teams get receivers wide-open on the deep ball by play design and it seems we can't even get any separation from our WRs against an average secondary at all?
    Even B. Bell or TK could've completed that.

8. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

KSU is calling running plays for a running QB. How weird.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  9. bluedogok

Briles has recruited a ton of speed receivers on the edges, he is probably the best recruiter in Texas right now considering where he is at. He has always had the connections from his time at Stephenville and didn't **** off the rest of the coaches in the state like Todd Dodge did when he was at Southlake Carroll.

10. aurorasooner

We'll if Derp could complete the long ball against our secondary as he showed today, then we'd better lube up and get ready for an azz-raping in Waco. I still can't believe how we sometimes make average at best QBs look like the 2nd coming of Joe Nameth.

11. bluedogok

I don't think it is a fair comparison, UT wasn't known for an over the top throw but in most cases they went for that when we started packing the box expecting the run. I think you scheme differently against Baylor knowing that is the bulk of their offense.

12. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Even though Briles had some awesome teams at Stephenville I think he was more a "regular guy" than Dodge seemed to be. I know for a fact Briles likes him a Coors Light or several, or at least he used to.

Instead of worrying about Saban ending up at Texas, I'd be more concerned about Briles going there.

13. SOONER44EVER

In case you guys haven't noticed, Bill Snyder can flat out coach.

14. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Yup. Does more with less.

15. SoonerShay

SoonerShay New Member

Yeah that is why on 4th and 2 at home he played not to win. That stupid field goal attempt was a mistake, they were gashing Baylor with the run. And he didn't think they could get 2 measly yards? That was weak Snyder.

Then that last drive they start passing the ball?! Awful! Josh must of started calling plays for them.

16. bluedogok

I think that is one of the reasons why high school coaches like and respect him, Dodge was just an *** to everyone. I just get the feeling that Briles doesn't go to Texas, although I am sure they make a back channel run at him. Baylor can pay him about anything that Texas will pay him because unless Saban is walking through the door I don't think they are going to $6,000,000. He has built a team there at a school with realistic expectations, with a new stadium and evidently gets along with Drayton McLane pretty well. Texas is a structural mess between Red and Joe, the presidents and AD offices. He doesn't seem like the type of guy to deal with all the politics and glad handing that Mack and Darrel were so good at and at UT that is more of the job than coaching. There is a whole lot more of that at UT than there is at Baylor.

I do think Knight might be a better matchup against Baylor based on what Sams has been doing with his legs.

17. SOONER44EVER

Snyder does more with less talent than anyone in the country.

18. bluedogok

A 41 yarder is not a given in college, he should have gone on 4th down.

19. SoonerShay

SoonerShay New Member

Exactly, they only needed 2 yards and have over 330 in this game. Why in the world did they decide to kick a long field goal?

20. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Baylor isn't very good either.

Apparently the Big 12 does suck!