1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seasons like this are the most exciting for me...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Collier11, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Seasons where we start off Top 5 or Top 10 are so damn stressful, my blood pressure shoots through the roof during every single close game. I love the unknown of this season. We could literally win 11 or 7. Don't get me wrong, I want us playing for national titles but this team right here will set us up for the next 2-3 years as far as if we are BACK. It will be fun to see all of the young guys and if we can compete at a high level already

2. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Stoops might be agreeing with you...redshirt freshman QB and all....

3. Collier11

I am excited to see if our D is better really. Our Off will always be good. If our D shows improvement it will justify the Stoops/Venables fiasco.

4. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

I'm finding myself pretty firmly in this camp as well.

Like you I always hope and wish for a NC at the end of the season, but I also very much enjoy the ride. Like any other season there will be ups and downs to this one and once again I'll be wearing my crimson and cream and rooting (either in person or via the television) for my Sooners and yelling and cheering like a maniac.

Collier11 likes this.
  5. OUster

OUster New Member

Word! Although I hate the imagined disrespect from the pollsters, I'm more excited about this season than the last few. Redshirt qb and all, this offense can be a juggernaut. The defense, while unproven, has more talent than appears on paper. I've officially put my crimson colored ray-bans on and all appears to be nice tint of red, right now!

Piware likes this.
  6. vtsooner21

vtsooner21 New Member

This is a season that I've dreamed about for years...A "mobile" QB!!! An added dimension for the offense. I know that Coach Stoops isn't a huge fan of a running QB, but it just has to lead to great things. Referring to use of the QB outside the pocket as opposed to the BellDozer Package that uses BB as a fullback. Defense will be the proverbial unknown, and here's hoping that there's some sacks & hurries this season. I've already put an order in for some DE's and DT's in recruiting....Hope my prayers get answered!

Boomer

7. Collier11

Running QB plus relying on the run game more (hopefully) will run more time and allow our D to spend less time on the field. That is my wish

8. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

I always look forward to the start of each new season because I love college football.

However, after last January's Cotton Bowl game, we can only hope for improvement this year. We shall see.

9. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. New direction this year, some returning pieces, but most of them still looking to breakout.

Our defense concerns me, but I believe we will have a pretty well balanced offense this season.

10. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah, I don't wanna say I've lowered my expectations at all but I understand that every season is great in it's own way. I've been lucky enough to have tix since stoops arrived and I've got great memories of every year. It's obvious we don't have all the pieces this year but we do have some great players and it's as entertaining as it gets because it's our team. Seriously, do you ever get tired of the chills when the Sooners run out of the tunnel?

11. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i don't think this is a true exactly. Stoops first choice when hired in 99 was Kevin Reynolds, the OC who worked at Syracuse with Donovan McNabb. Reynolds took the OC job at Notre Dame with Bob Davie. they beat us in 99, but not the best career move in hindsight. don't know what Reynolds is doing these days. second choice was Mike Leach. getting a juco heupel was a godsend....and the rest is history.

as much trouble as run-pass qb's have given his d's over the seasons...i doubt Bob "doesn't like" run qb's.

12. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

This is the first season in a long time where my expectations aren't sky high. I'm excited about the season, and I'm looking forward to seeing it all unfold.

13. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

Good thread. OU has dug themselves into the present rankings "hole", so now they have to dig themselves out.

I guess the pressure on Sooner fans this yr is hoping OUr team is as good or better than the pokes!

Here's to hoping the defense plays like 11 Angry Men.

14. vtsooner21

vtsooner21 New Member

To my recollection, the last 10 years have seen the Sooners using a pocket QB. Pro style spread with no mobility to speak of. That's not to say that the Sooners haven't seen running QB's...on the other side of the line. It's time to quit this envy-thing and use some of that speed on the outside. While writing that Coach Stoops "doesn't like" running QB's, I should have stated that he "doesn't employ" them. It's long overdue..

Boomer

15. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

di

Ditto

16. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Damn, I thought I had cured my internet stammer :D

FirstandGoal likes this.
  17. En_Fuego

En_Fuego New Member

"Smells like....... Smells like victory"

18. SoCalBigRed

SoCalBigRed Well-Known Member

No expectations, other than...

I just want to see them (players/coaches) put every ounce of their bodies/minds, into crushing their opponents on each game day. I see that kind of effort, I'll be happy.

rock on sooner likes this.