1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QB update

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Collier11, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Not sure if he is guessing or has "sources" but Dean Blevins says that Trevor Knight will be the new QB.

2. CatfishSooner

CatfishSooner New Member

3. Collier11

4. CatfishSooner

CatfishSooner New Member

I knew it was closE!!!!1

5. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

BBJ reported the same thing tonight. Seeing around the net a few players have confirms this. Who knows.

Believe in bob. But whoa what a game changer. If true how does be handle this? Transfer to play one year somewhere else? Or stick it out as #2/dozer and see what happens?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  6. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

Oh GEEZ!

7. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Did Yall see the Spring Game?
    I was Leaning to KT till he got hurt . Blake is a Great Kid But we HAVE to go with who will bring us home from the dance

8. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Oh and Whom ever Bob says Im good with !

9. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Whomever the #2 guy is, there is a very high chance they see the field this year. I don't see Bell going anywhere (if Knight is named).

The only player that may think about it is Cody Thomas, but he's also playing baseball, so I doubt he leaves.

Interestingly, the kid that OU landed in this class (Justice Hansen), may be better than anyone we have. Next year could be very interesting.

10. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If true and knight is the real deal, and Bell can handle it, could be a lethal combo along with the running back stable we have

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  11. Collier11

If true, hopefully Knight is Manziel without the dooshiness :D

12. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Kind of hard to say Hansen is better when he isn't on campus. Just sayin.

All I know is OU has a very good group of quarterbacks.

13. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We don't need a Manziel. We need a leader that will get the job done.

I cannot believe Manziel is the comparison nowadays.

14. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Manziel is a grade-A ********* from the biggest ********* school in the country. He has so far had one excellent year, but he has three years to go....I refuse to call him Johnny Football.

I'll take RGIII over that ******* every day of the week.

15. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Anyway, how big is this guy? Interestingly, Bell was the only QB in the Big XII (I think) that is physically bigger than Petty.

16. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I have no idea if DB is right or not BUT his so-called inside sources are often way off.Perfect example of this is when AD went down vs,ISU his junior year. Everyone speculated on who would join AP(Allan Patrick) in the tb rotation,Dean says his sources tell him it would be Madu.

Funny thing is I happened to talk to Merv Johnson on the pregame call-in show before the game and talked to him about OU's tb question.My question was SINCE IT IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE AD WILL GO PRO AFTER THIS YEAR<WHO IS PRIMED TO BE THE TOP BACK NEXT SEASON? Merv replied that Chris Brown had a huge leg up in the competition as he was traveling with and practicing with the 1's in case he is needed this year.Bingo bango AD goes down,Blevins says inside sources say Madu,everyone elseparrots the line(all state media).I told anyone that would listen that Brown would be the guy to step up to replace the injured AD and of course he did. Not tring to puff myself up,just saing Blevins inside dope isn't reliaable.

I miss the pregame call-in show with Merv ,the man was MY inside source. As to the qb this year? I have no idea ,however if Trevor beats BB out,he must be a helluva qb.

17. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If this pans out to be true, I'm am seriously amped up about our prospects. It would tell me that Stoops has his eyes wide open, and the product on the field is really the best in our stable. None of this "loyal to a fault" kind of mentality. But if Bell gets the nod, I don't have any problem with that either. What do I know? We will rally around _________, and we will win games.

MichiganSooner likes this.
  18. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've been listening to KREF this AM and apparently Toby predicted Trevor Knight would be this year's starting qb. The kicker? Toby apparently made this prediction on Nov. 15,2012.When Toby made this pick,TJ actually wrote it down. On a sidenote Barry Switzer raved about Trevor last year and said something to effect that Knight was his top pick at qb.

19. thecrimsoncrusader

thecrimsoncrusader New Member

I thought Coach Switzer raved about Kendal Thompson?

20. sooner_born_1960

sooner_born_1960 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He raves a lot.