1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

champ game

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by Soonerjeepman, May 26, 2013.

1. colston15

colston15 New Member

I think a case could be made for KU over OSU.

They beat OSU 3 out of 4.

OSU does have more quality wins and slightly a better RPI, however. I think they should both be in.

2. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I think they both get long looks, but I think it'll come down to one over the other. While I think KU should get the nod (because I think they are just the better team), I wouldn't be surprised if OSU get's the bid.

I don't follow the college baseball RPI, does the committee use it similar to the way the basketball committee does?

3. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

They use the RPI but it is a different formula and this year they changed the formula again and it is almost laughable. It basically just gives the SEC and the ACC the top 20 and the rest fight it out for the lower numbers. It really affected the Big 12. KSU has the highest RPI at 19 and then OU is at 45. OSU is close to us and KU is in the 70's. the formula really doesn't make any sense. The change was supposed to give more credit to the teams who played NC games on the road. Well, nobody in the ACC or SEC ever travel to play anyone. Also, we played a much more diff schedule than OSU and we are only 5 spots above them. So, yes the do use an RPI, but if they go with it to seed the teams then they are nuts.

4. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sure we all hate to lose to little **** head in Stillwater, but we won the Big 12 and we are a lock for the ncaa tourney, at this point they are a bubble team even though they will likely get in...they are turds and we all know it