1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bob Stoops Credits SEC Ascension to "Propaganda"......

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Sabanball, May 7, 2013.

1. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

Our Bama win didn't count? It pretty much brought the Heisman trophy to College Station and increased our national visability in spades. Yeah ... in terms of the MNC race it was a moot game ... but what it did for our program is anything but moot.

But if you want to complain about Bama in the title game start in the Big-12 and with Snyder are Briles. That 4 TD smackdown of KSU by Baylor is what put Bama in the title game.

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

See THAT would have been a win with mucho gusto that would have registered with the pollsters. Instead, yawwwwwwn. Illegitimate win that doesn't matter. Can't even beat Florida at home with ESPN in town, when even a Big East team can beat Florida.

Even Central Michigan can get drafted before an Aggie into the NFL. Seriously, man. Central Michigan No. 1. Texas A&M No. 2.

But since we're talking about the NFL Draft, you had to know it was inevitable --- Aggie has never, nor will ever, have the first overall pick. Aggie is just too used to being second-best :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If you're just having fun too, I could probably keep this up all day :)

3. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Except lsu's won titles in the last 70 years.

4. badger

ooo! good point! Plus, I think the last time A&M beat LSU was before I was born.

I'm not sure what Aggie's excuse was last year... got outscored? Yes, definitely. Ran outta time? No, more like had too much time :p

5. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

The correct answer boys and girls is 1995. Then they went yellow on us again and cancelled the series ... like they did in the 70's. there is a reason one of their colors is yellow.

6. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Right now there is the SEC and then there are the Big 12, the Big 10 and the Pac10-12, whatever. No one else really matters. From top to bottom, there's not a huge differentiation between them. The bottom teams are not very good and the top teams are pretty strong. The difference is that, at the top of the SEC you have 'Bama and generally another one or two team (Florida, LSU, Auburn) who are, in a given year top five. With the SEC holding 2/5, that only leaves room for one each from the others. They're bound to get more attention and a disproportionate shot at titles.
    It's up to the rest of us to pull our socks up. Frankly, Okie State has been pulling their weight in this regard, they've improved mightily. We've lagged for the last 3-4 years. Texas has imploded. Baylor? kudos. TCU, likewise. Ohio State is going to be very, very good very very soon.
    But until the others start putting more than one team into top five contention, we're not going to be the lead sled dog. And when you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

7. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

where is caphorns when you need him.

8. badger

Oh! I was definitely born by 1995 :D

It would be helpful to others if you alerted those unaware of your LSU victories by placing these victorious years on the side of your stadium. You know, since you've been adding so many years to it since joining the SEC :D

Plus, you'd only be adding 20 years :D

And all the years start with "19" so you don't have to worry about clarifying for the 2000s :D

9. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

Hey ... are you dissing our 52-0 win in 1899????????????? ;)

We are 20-28-3 against the corndogs. Not to bad since 32 were played in Baton Rouge and only 13 have been played in College Station.

10. badger

Oh sh!t he's serious...

Did you claim a national championship that year too, or did Bammer make you SECede control of that one to them

11. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

I think it's in the SEC bylaws that they get to claim anything awarded to them by the Tuscaloosa media.

12. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Great idea! I'll print up a t-shirt and doosh up my sig.

13. badger

Tooo-shay :p

I think I've had my Aggie-hate fun for the day. But hey, if there's something on the horizon later, you're Texas A&M. There's endless material in that alone :)

14. agoo758

agoo758 New Member

Let's be honest, 99 percent of the SEC dominance was Nick Saban and Urban Meyer. Why ESPN thinks that correlates with the other ten teams is beyond me.

15. starclassic tama

starclassic tama New Member

i halfway agree with stoops here. the top of the SEC has obviously been the best, just look at the national championship run. however beyond that, i'm skeptical that the conference is the best top to bottom. i'd be more inclined to look at the players drafted to determine this, but i'm probably in the minority with that.

16. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

"

17. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Maybe you're thinking the little busyguy has gotten tired of posting on a board not his own. Guess not. good suggestion.

18. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And of course the College Football Live guys are having a circle jerk on how dumb Stoops is! I really don't know why Stoops fell into this trap.

19. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

The BCS era started in 1998 and during the BCS era an SEC team has won the crystal football 9 times (5 different coaches, 5 different teams). The next highest conference is the Big-12 with 2.

Since 1950 there have been 62 AP national champs ... the SEC has 20 of those, pretty much one in three. The Big-8/SWC/12 has 15 which is really good (including Colorado in 1990 as well as Texas' titles as a member of the SWC and Nebraska's as a member of the Big-8). No on else really comes close.

20. sussudio

sussudio New Member

Sabanball=balled up Kleenex!!! Please stay the f%#k off here you're annoying.