1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember when some of you wanted to fire SG?

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by Collier11, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So...crickets?

2. Collier11

Seriously, on pace for an NCAA tourney appearance in each of his 8 years right?

3 Time regional champion
    1 CWS appearance
    3 Super Regionals
    Has one of five 50 win seasons EVER at OU
    Has two possible 1st rd Draft picks pitching this year

Very few schools can rival that since he has been here.

3. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Fire Jeff Krapel Simpson.

4. Collier11

I could have placed 1 million $$$ that you would be the 1st to reply :D

Blue likes this.
  5. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ha. How so? I'd put my money on ST in his heyday.

6. Collier11

yea, I guess it coulda been a toss up

7. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Because Blue, Ft. Smith, and me are the only ones who seem to post in here anymore and there was a 33% chance it would be Blue.

There's still some Sunny haters out there who are all "well Suonny effed over my baby brother one time..." to which I respond "if your brother was worth a **** Sunny wouldn't have benched/berated him."

I like Sunny. He's a good man, and a very good coach.

8. Collier11

True, I love OU baseball and will try to post more just for you Deano!

9. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

It's time someone else carries the load. Maybe you can save this place. I still have good memories and lots of friends that I know their real name and their Family. Some got butt hurt when I decided to slow down. What I didn't expect was for some to get butt hurt about staying really loyal to this site. Now I just mostly watch the drive-bys.

I love going to games and I love OU and I'm very happy I am able to continue to make more memories and attend Home Games because I live so close to Memorial Stadium and the Campus. It's really cool to see OU-Tulsa growing into a huge complex that allows so many folks to get an OU degree here in Tulsa too.

Things may be dark for some.....but for me....they are just beginning to really blossom into something I never imagined possible when I was younger. OU is a Major pain in the a$$ to so many other programs in Division I and it's that way in more than just Football. OU is becoming a Major Force in so many other sports. We have watched our School attract so many fantastic people that can see opportunity and a future.

My heyday is just beginning. SoonerFans just might not be the place that heyday takes place.

10. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Same here.

11. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We'll probably get swept by Texas, and then the haters will come back out. There are crickets now, but just wait. We're only 24 games into the season.

12. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I just like and follow all OU sports...not crazily, but knowing gymnastics is ranked 3/2, softball #1 (losing 1st game now today though), fball, basketball, think tennis is ranked, golf...wrestling usually...

Son plays HS ball so I like college baseball, not a big pro guy. Went in 95 to CWS championship game...was great.

OU is playing well.

13. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

That was a very great time. I bought a CWS Championship T-shirt and I wore it until it was threads.

We played so well. Good Times!

14. Collier11

You know man, as good as SG has been, we have continuously laid an egg against texas. We need to take 2 of 3 this year minimum

15. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Or the maximum. I'd like that.

16. Jeronimo

Jeronimo New Member

OU was the first team eliminated in 95 CWS. However, the 94 CWS was all OU. "25 guys pulling on the same rope" was the t-shirt I got from that year. :)

17. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I admit I got a little down on SG with his coaching against South Carolina in the CWS a couple of years ago then watching his team the next year implode due to internal problems. With the teams strong finish last year and strong start this year It is obvious he has righted the ship and I was wrong to doubt his ability to skipper the OU program. Again, save the barbs because I have admitted I was wrong.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  18. SoonerInFortSmith

SoonerInFortSmith New Member

What did everyone think about the camo unis today? Personally I think its awesome when baseball teams incorporate camo. I seriously want one of the hats they wore today.

19. Collier11

like someone on Twitter said, it looked more like a Duck Dynasty salute than a military one...still liked the look though

20. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Unis looked great on tv. I'll try to post a little more over here since I actually get to see some of the games this year.