1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The shooter....guy who killed OBL

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by diverdog, Feb 25, 2013.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I have seen documentaries on what Navy dudes have to go through to become SEALs and compared to pretty much every other top-level military thing you can try to get into, SEALs seem to be, by far, the most difficult. (netflix currently has few things on marines, green berets, army rangers, snipers, etc. if you're interested)

That said, those guys must be severely burned out to retire from being a SEAL after it took so much to become one in the first place.

2. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I don't know that the SEALs have the most difficult entrance process, but it's certainly at or near the top.

I'm biased in my opinion, but I'd say Marine Corp Force Recon training is as difficult as the SEAL's entrance program.

I didn't go through either of those, so I'm basing my opinion on my belief that the Marines are the most elite fighting force on the face of the earth. :)

3. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

8times
    Bro in MHO anyone of the SOG groups are a bunch of tough mother****ers

4. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I have read more about the SEALs than Marine Force Recon but, it seems to
    me that the SEALs are a more rounded fighting force...sea, air, land...seems
    like every one of 'em has crazy sniper skills and each is a walking armory....
    but, I agree with Vet, all the Spec Ops Groups are ***kickers. Glad they're
    on our side!

5. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

The one I absolutely loved to watch was Green Beret (special forces) training. You could make it through their torture sessions and then still be told "no" at the end, unlike SEALs first wave stuff (Hell Week and before).

6. 8timechamps

All of the JSOC units are pretty well rounded, but I know on numbers alone, the SEALS are more plentiful than MCFR. Six and one half dozen I guess, as I think you and vet are both correct...they all pretty much kick ***.

7. 8timechamps

I thought SEAL recruits could go through the process and still be told no at the end, is that not correct?

That would be tough, to push yourself to finishing the process only to be told "thanks, but no thanks". I know the Delta guys typically don't get accepted in their first attempt. I can't imagine.

8. diverdog

diverdog New Member

The USAF have some highly trained operators. If any of you guys saw Blackhawk down the two men who jumped into the downed helicopter were USAF pararescue. Both of them got them got the DSC. Every special forces unit we carried had an USAF combat controller with them. When the CIA went into Afghanistan they took combat controllers who directed the devastating bombing missions against the Taliban. One USAF specialty no one hears about are combat weatherman. My dad had a friend who would spend weeks in the jungle in North Vietnam ( solo) giving weather reports for bombing raids.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  9. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Gordon and Shughart were Delta Force and they were awarded the Medal of Honor.

10. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Um, no. This did not happen.

11. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Correct. They were killed defending Durant on Super Six Four. The AF PJs were at Super Six One crash site. Tim Wilkenson got the AF cross and Scott Fales the Silver Star. I was wrong because I thought both got the AF Cross.

Here is the scene from the movie:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=UKMLGdOe9_Y&desktop_uri=/watch?v=UKMLGdOe9_Y

My squadron flew in a lot of the helicopters used over there. Place sucked.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  12. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

I would disagree...but I have a little bias in that regard.

In my time I got to work with Seals, Delta, and SAS. Trying to decide who has more rigorous entrance qualifications and training would be tough.

13. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

Hmmm

14. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thanks Sapp, I figured there was more to this...

15. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Ok time for the truth. I, diverdog, shot that mother***er and then proceeded to get real medievel with his ***. First two shots were in the knee caps. Dropped right in front of me. Then I grabbed my hammer and busted up his balls. All the time I am yelling "you low life piece of ****. You dragged me out into th middle of bum **** Egypt" (he mumbles Pakistan) and I am like "oh so you are wise cracking know it all". and that is when I yanked out his tongue with my trusty leatherman....made in America. At this point I am like oh yeah the party is ON. That is when I called in my bros and say "who wants to put a cap in this guys ***?". So my bros decided to go all Tony Soprano and beat his azz with bats and ****. Then the little weezle goes please don't shoot me in the face. I was like what did you say mfer? You ain't Big Puss. Boom a bullet right through the eye. My homies followed suit with 20 more rounds. You know that little prick was still alive. That is when I propped him up and showed him the squeel like a pig scene from Deliverence and told him he was gonna be azzed raped for eternity cause I was gonna choke him out with chitlins. And dats da truthf jack.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  16. One4OU

One4OU New Member

I was in the Navy and I dont think anyone goes into the Navy as a Seal. They volunteer to do so regardless if they are rated as a payroll clerk, band member, or a firefighter. You have to apply and be accepted. If that is wrong please correct me.

Also when you get out you are required to see the career counselor and anyone who has been in 16 years knows what thy are giving up if you leave on your own accord. Also if you have injuries or health issues due to service related issues you can seek disability pay.

The armed forces is not a job finder. Just because you served your country does not guarantee you a job once you are out. There are military hiring tax credits for companies to take to help those in the military but to each his own. When you are out you are out.