1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you're SE and make >$45K, welcome to the 1%

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by Bourbon St Sooner, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If you're self-employed and making more the $45K a year, you are rich. Well I assume you are since Obama said he would only raise taxes on the rich.

This really is one of the most perverse taxes I've ever seen. Shouldn't we be trying to get away from employer provided health care. This is another payoff to big business at the expense of the little guy. Where are you corporate welfare haters that voted for Obama? This is what you voted for.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-health-care-fee-draws-fire-2012-12-13?dist=lcountdown

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I project more and more people to say "eff it" when offered the chance to deduct health insurance costs from their already-small paycheck. As for the penalty that people have to pay if they don't have insurance? There's tons of tax dodgers and tax protesters out there that get away with it.

3. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

you are right, sounds like ****e

4. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

effing vajayjay Pelosi..."We have to pass to find out what's in it..." effing vajayjay...

5. Bourbon St Sooner

I mean this is a tax directly on small businesses while exempting large corporations. None of these a-holes would campaign on this ****. But they'll sneak it into some massive program and hope nobody notices. Of course, the sheep never will notice.

6. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

they'll notice when 50 percent of their paycheck is withheld due to taxes... think more people will be requesting getting paid in cash in the future? :(

7. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

You're focusing on just one little provision. You can't do that with such a large bill. This is one little tiny aspect of a large framework. If you want to attack the idea of delivering coverage to more Americans, fine, but focusing on some tiny little part like you are would be like me calling you a monster for wanting to throw kids off of their parents' insurance plans while they're in college.

8. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

Wrong.
    Again.
    The "tiny little parts" of this bill are where it fails. If a particular part of it is going to screw me, which it will, then I don't like the whole. Simple.

9. Bourbon St Sooner

No Mid, it's just another part of the bill that's absolute garbage. Obama didn't pass a bill that said kids in college can stay on their parents' insurance (that they probably won't be able to afford if they are SE). He passed a massive crapfest and this is just one of the provisions that he wasn't trumpeting in his re-election campaign. I'm just spreading the light.

I'm glad you're happy with the tax though Mid since you'll be the one paying it. I work for a major oil company that self insures and, thus, will be exempted by the tax. Think about that every time you fill up your tank.

10. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

The problem a lot of you have is that you're fine with getting free stuff, but when the government asks you to pay for it, you balk.

That's not how this works.

11. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

Without doing research, it seems like the tax is geared at folks who will be participating in the exchanges, maybe trying to recoup some of the expenses for those exchanges. Since your company isn't participating in an exchange, it doesn't pay and that seems fine.

12. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This may actually be the stupidest thing you've EVER said here. The people getting free stuff aren't the ones paying for it and that is the ****ing problem.

13. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

This isn't a small issue if you're one of the affected. Thus the axiom "The Devil is in the Details".

14. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

Thanks for saying this. I read Midtowner's post and couldn't even fathom what he was saying. It was that incomprehensible. And just think what you are implying when you said, "this may actually be the stupidest thing you've EVER said." Imagine all that statement covers! lol