1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama Admin Approved Sending Weapons to Libya That Ended Up In Islamists Hands

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by sappstuf, Dec 7, 2012.

1. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

Of course the cynic in me wonders why this story is coming out after the election...

From the NYTimes

2. diverdog

diverdog New Member

shoot we will give weapons to anyone....you know like OBL.

3. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

Obama isn't man enough to give them weapons.. He just ok'd Qatar to give them weapons as long as they couldn't be traced back to the US.

Lead from the back!

4. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Right! Like Republican Presidents have never used proxies to deliver arms.

BTW this is the worst kept secret on the planet.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  5. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

Point me to the Noble Peace Prize winning Republican president that has handed over weapons to Jihadists that are fighting against our nation's best interests after intentionally bringing down a government and I am all ears.

6. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

somewhere the new Ollie North is getting ready to go on teevee

Midtowner likes this.
  7. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

In doing so, we toppled the Quadafi regime.

Worth it? Time will tell.

That aside, we've known this for months. Why is it just now an outrage? Further, if you're outraged about this, how about going after Ronaldus Magnus and the Iran Contra?

8. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

I think we all know EVERY admin has done this.
    To me the only OUTRAGE if you want to call it that is this was done by the Peace Prize winner

9. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

Sometimes you have to pass out weapons to Islamists to attain peace. Pretty much every President would agree.

10. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

Waaaaaa, the republicans did it first and worst, waaaaaaaa.

11. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

Can you post a link that the US had approved weapons to be handed out in Libya?

12. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

So by yer way of thinkin you have to promote violence to obtain peace? am I right?

13. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Vet:

You know the mantra.....kill em all first and let god sort em out.

14. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

A lot of wars are fought to attain peace. Absolutely. That sort of thinking was the whole idea behind invading Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Korea, etc.

15. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/30/us-libya-usa-order-idUSTRE72T6H220110330

There's probably more in the Google Search I did...

united states providing arms to libyan rebels daterange:2455568-2455933

Those are Julian dates, which is what Google uses for some ungodly reason. I searched for stories from 2011.

16. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hmmm.

As I recall, there was a great deal of gnashing of teeth because Obama wasn't doing enough to help the Libyan fighters.

Remember when we were arming the Taliban to fight the Russians? Up to and including Stinger man portable SAMs? (some of which are still worryingly unaccounted for) That would have been during the administration of....Ronald Reagan. (Not a man averse to a little black market arms dealing. And I fully support his having done so). And also the admin of George H W....and Slick Willy.

Remember when we authorized the Thais to pass US ammo to the Vietnamese to go in and stomp on the Khmer Rouge? (so that the Vietnamese could use arms captured after the fall of the S. Vietnamese gov)

And so forth. I can not remember the year, but recently (within the last five years) who was the largest purchaser of AK-47's on the world market? You got it: us. Why do you think we wanted so many Chinese and Eastern Bloc made AK's, do you think? Two choices: we were, a) attempting to reduce the quantity of arms on the world market, b) assembling a stockpile of 'non-American' arms to supply to, oh, maybe people in Congo? Maybe people in Venezuela if the need arose?

Far from evidence that the Obama admin is incompetent, this 'revelation' shows them to be firmly within the foreign policy/covert ops consensus of the last 75 years.

17. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

For me it's the hypocrisy on the left. Obama is given, and I mean given, a Nobel Peace Prize.

He voted against almost everything to do with the wars Bush waged at every chance.

His first campaign was strictly about those wars, and here he is doing the exact same things every other President does, and no one, NO ONE, in the media cares a whit.

No one on the Democrat side cares a whit, and no liberals of any consequence cares a whit.

Then his weapons are used against our ambassador. THAT doesn't happen in every Presidency, so there is incompetence in doling out those weapons on top of the hypocrisy.

18. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

So is the crux of the butthurt that he got a Nobel Prize?

19. SoonerProphet

SoonerProphet Well-Known Member

Nobody cried and moaned when weapons sent to Iraq went missing.

20. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

No, that 4 people are dead and no one cares.

The rest just shows the biases.